We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I periodically find items I'd really like to own and I figure the rest of you do too.

This thread is dedicated to the items we wish we had and would like to share. They don't have to be the most expensive items, but things that have special meaning for some reason or catch our eyes.

Thanks to Mr Zipper for posting the first thread of this similar nature.

Views: 4113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The gun permit application. Thought these were filed by a government agency and filed and destroyed later. I would think this ranks with acquiring documents such as passport records, social security documents...etc. Originals are kept by the government agency. Only way I could see somebody getting these are if they were stolen official records.

Thought I read somewhere before that these could be confiscated if found on the market. I have a signed document that was actually given to me legally. I've just kept it as a personal collectible. Nothing like an Elvis document though.

Here is article I read about something similiar.

http://www.autograph-club.org/autograph-article/2-men-charged-with-...

I remember that, Rick. Was it R&R that it was consigned to? It was a well known, reputable auction house. Gotta Have It had a Lennon federal doc with his fingerprints that the FBI confiscated right before an auction last year. I think dealers are starting to understand the laws better now.

It was R&R with the Armstrong document.

It's been a couple days since I've posted I haven't monitored the site much. I fell through a floor on Saturday morning. Back now.

I don't doubt that these papers somehow slipped out/were stolen at some point. I remember on an episode of Pawn Stars, somebody brought in Elvis Presley's medical records. Then you've got his personal barber who basically saved every lock of hair he ever cut, whether that stands up to scrutiny, I don't know. Elvis was in the hospital in the mid '70s for a few days to rest from "exhaustion" and someone tried to steal blood that had been drawn from him.

For starters I wish I had this in my collection....don't know if I will ever own a Ruth...I have been burned on a secretarial one for big bucks many years ago...it hurt my pocket so much I just don't know when I will be able to get a good one....but this would be a nice start 

I figured you'd have a Babe Ruth in your collection, CEE GEE, with all the pieces you have from baseball figures I've never even heard of. I can understand being duped on a secretarial years ago making you reticent to invest big money in another. I'm not too familiar with his signature but I almost purchased a signed ball two or three years ago with Babe Ruth on it. It had dual certification from both PSA & JSA. I didn't take the plunge. Saw the same ball on eBay a year or so ago sell for something like $2,500 more. It looks like they're good investments if they're real. Doesn't get any more iconic than Ruth, does it?

Yeah Brick...I would take one in the worst condition if I could....still waiting patiently....I just have to get the perfect opportunity but I can wait...I have been able to acquire a beat to death team Lou Gehrig ball from the late 1930's with DIckey Dimaggio and McCarthy...this is one of my dream pieces for sure...

Ruth is on my list as well. Unfortunately, a signed card with a nice signature probably would go at least $3,000. Not that it is totally unattainable, but I would probably have to sell off some real gems to finance it.

CEE, the same thing happened to me about 10 years ago.  I traded for a Ruth Sinclair ball, before I knew it was secretarial. thankfully, I did some research on it quickly, and was able to recoup my losses.

An Ali signed glove/large photo and team signed yankee ball from the 20s would be nice

This wish actually came true for me about 5 months ago....love this piece !!!!!!

Looks pretty expensive, CEE GEE. Somehow I bet you picked it up fairly cheap.

Here's another one of mine. Two checks in a row and I'm not even a big fan of checks. This Dean Martin check just sold at RR. It sold for about $500 with buyer's fees. Double or more what a normal check would go for. Given Dean Martin's large and memorable Christmas discography as well as it coincidentally being the day he passed away, it's understandable.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service