We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 237793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He did the Sun-times (Mounted Memories) Sports Show in Chicago over the summer, I believe.  He was charging something like $300.

Yeah bro...these guys are getting older and more expensive...although it is pricey...I would still love it dual signed...will see...

Strange, I don't see Mays listed at the March or July shows.  I'm just about certain I saw him on a recent lineup though. 

Sick pickup!

Mays was at one of the Sun-Times shows last year. If I remember correctly, $300 was the price for baseballs, 8 x 10's and flat items and $600 for premium items. No inscriptions.

That kind of money is tough to swallow with what's sure to be an underwhelming experience due to the quality of the autograph and Mays' well known unfriendliness.

You have to do it though, no question...that would be a sick, sick piece.

Yeah bro...I have heard he is not so friendly...this was why I was thinking if I know he is going to be at like a MAB or JPsports show I will send it in...I would like to meet him though...will see...I have to get it added...

Hello everyone,

I have been really fortunate as of recently to pick up some truly amazing autographs that im proud to share.

The first is a singed Card by the Classical Guitar Legend Narciso Yepes. 

Next is a signed program by the legendary Classical Guitarist Andres Segovia

I am also a huge fan of the classical guitar great Julian Bream. Here are a few pieces I picked up recently:

Next is the blues guitar legend Homesick James (Cousin of Slide Guitar great Elmore James). I have a connection with a seller whos friend played with most of the delta blues/chicago blues legends. So i have purchased quite a few items from him. The owner of the autographs was very good friends with Robert Lockwood Jr. and also was into autograph collecting. He was a musician himself and played with Lockwood amongst others, and after the shows he used to go and hang out at Lockwood's. On one such account, Homesick James was their, and so this individual tried very hard to get his autograph. Apparently though, Homesick didnt like to sign autographs and refused. Finally Lockwood mediated and told him to give the autograph. And i was then lucky enough to purchase this from him. A really cool item with a great story.

Next is an extremely rare signed CD from Robert Jr. Lockwood. This is a limited run CD and very rare in any form, let alone autographed.

This is a really cool item signed by R. L. Burnside

And here is a cool item signed by Magic Slim:

And here is a really neat CD signed by Otis Rush

And one more signed by Matt Guitar Murphy

Very very cool. Especially the Chicago Blues graphs.

And i had to add in these few as i am really proud to own them as well.

The first is a signed 11 by 14 JSA certed Buckethead picture. He is actually a rare signer and i was thrilled to find this item. Unfortunately i couldnt scan the whole pic, but it is a beautiful piece.

Here is a signed CD from the great John Renbourn:

Here is a signed LP by the guitar great Louis Stewart

This one is also very neat. Its a signed LP by Barney Kessel, Charlie Byrd, and Herb Ellis.

This one is very interesting. Its very rare and signed by the Brazilian guitar legend Paulinho Nogueira:

And i was lucky enough to pick up this Paul Simon signed LP certed by PSA:

And the last one ill post is a signed 14 by 14 lithograph from the band Mastodon from their album Crack the Skye, purchased directly from the band. It really is a beautiful piece.

Cool stuff, man!

Thanks for the comments everyone. I really enjoy collecting the guitar greats out their, and their is something about the old delta blues guys that fascinates me. Here are a few more from my collection:

Honey Boy Edwards

Here is Pinetop Perkins

Here is one from Louisiana Red:

Here is one from Big Jack Johnson:

And here is one from Jimmy Dawkins:

Here is a cool one from Jimmy Rogers:

This is a neat one from Eddie Clearwater and Leroy Brown:

And this is a another cool item from Robert Jr. Lockwood and Peter Lowry

And this one is really special to me, its a huge and beautiful signature from T. Bone Walker and Big Joe Williams. It is on the back page of a european blues festival program. It really is an amazing signature set. While i cant say definitively that the other signature is Big Joe Williams, he was the only Joe playing on the roster that year. Big Joe typically gave a series of 3 X's for his signature, but i am pretty sure that this is his signature and he just signed his first name *very shaky*. But T Bone signed it perfect. And in reality it is quite a large signature too. Really awesome item.

Specializing in NBA basketball:

Just picked up a John Stockton jersey, with Dominique Wilkins ball, Kevin Durant shoes and Derrick Rose shoes on the way. Every MVP, 48 of the top 50 plus most of today's stars. About 70 pieces in all. 

Nice collection!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service