We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CEE, one of my sports writer friends ghost wrote a book for Gooden, and he also wrote one about Gooden and Strawberry.  Straw came back with the Yanks and had some productive years, and Gooden had the no-no, but man, what could have been with both of them, if.........

Hi, CEE GEE, Zipper, and Terrier.

Most of my baseball autographs are certified signed cards that the players signed for Topps, Upper Deck, etc. Do you collect these at all? I don't have the expertise you guys have for baseball autographs, so I usually buy stuff they were paid to sign. Just curious.

Thanks,

Pete

Hey Pete. I do not collect those certified cards.  I don't really have a lot of signed cards left. I used to have over two thousand, but I ended up selling most of them off. Right now I pretty much stick with signed baseballs,and some 8x10's. I also collect music autographs, mostly on albums now.  

Thanks. It would be cool to see your autographed baseballs displayed all together. Is there a collection show-and-tell section on this site that I haven't found yet?

I have a few cards that came signed in the pack. I like them, but it is not my focus. I prefer signed 8x10s, balls or HOF Postcards. I do like getting signed cards through the mail because they are great for that type of collecting. But if I am going to pay for it, I think the balls or 8x10s have more desirability down the road.

I know what you mean regarding TTM autographs....I have written over 1100 letters to former and current NHL hockey players and there is something special about an autograph that comes directly from an athlete that you can't get by buying the same autograph.

Definitely Pete...I know some guys that get like 8 and 10 a day...they send so many requests...I wish I had the time to do so...I have got about 40 back since the end of July 2011...and a couple hundred over all...

I am big on all 3 forms...but I think I like the signed ball the best over all...cards and photos are also cool...bats too

I like bats the best, but they are just way too expensive and too big to store. I got many of my bats signed in the 90s before players started charging a premium for bat signatures. I have about a dozen or so and thet take up a lot of room. Balls are real space takers as well. I try to only get signed balls of players I REALLY want. For the rest, 8x10 is good enough.

Believe it or not I only own 1 signed bat and because of the room and display factor I had to get one I really wanted and that is of Reggie Jackson...I had an in person Mike Torrez and Bucky Dent signed bat I dumped some time ago

Beauty. I have a Cooperstown Bat Company Yankee Logo bat with like 30 Yankees on it. All signed in person at card shows. I should take a pic.

Bro would love to see that piece zipp...I saw one at auction for I think 600...it was an awesome piece with many HOF players and deceased legends...damn don't know if or when I can cop that piece...also my friend did some work on the elevator system in the old Yankee stadium and was able to acquire a team signed bat...its his only piece and he once offered me a trade for my salt water fish tank set up years ago....I should have took it but I didnt...still trying to get it off his hands till this day...he said he would give it to me on my birthday about 3 years ago...but it didn't happen...hmmmm...its coming up so maybe I will plant that seed again...LOL

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service