We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235550

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats Awesome CEE GEE!!  I need to buy a Yankee Stadium seat.

i sent my book of photos to robert duval and received it back roughly 5 months later with 4 pages signed.  from what ive examined they look great but would be very gratuefull for other oponions

Attachments: No photo uploads here

thats good news could i see some pics of yours i would really love to compare.   where did you meet duvall?  

ive got a question.  the book came back with a few post it notes.  one in the front was just a post it note with his sig on it the others where one on each page that was signed and they said sign and pointed down to the sigs could you shed some light on these

sweet piece man......wow nice !!!

Thanks my friend for looking at it for me. 

I have been trying to buy as many of the older balls like from the early 90's on back as I can because I like the flow of the signatures better.  I dont care if they have toning to them or not.  I got lucky and this ball only has very light toning.  I was expecting more because it looked darker in the pics the seller had.

I usually don't mind a bit of toning as long as it is even and there are not dark spots or stains.

Leather is an organic material and will change with time even under the best of storage conditions. I suppose a snow white ball that is more than 15 years old is possible, but they are the exception to the rule. 99% of them tone to some degree. Nothing wrong with a nice even creamy color.

well stated, Mr. Zipper.......I do have some older balls that have maintained their white color, with very little, if any, discoloration, and I also have some that aged nicely, like my MacPhail AL Frank Robinson ball,which has yellowed uniformly, but it is still a very attractive piece.  I really try whenever possible, to have the ball match the players era.  unfortunately, it is not practical most of the time!

What concerns me are signatures that literally seem to evaporate. I'm not talking about sun fading... I mean the ink disappears even when stored in a dark closet.

I was going through my signed baseballs and found a few where portions of the signature are almost gone. They were initially signed with a blue ballpoint with a very thin tip. They have been stored in a dark cabinet in a cube and NEVER displayed. When I get a ball signed myself, I always bring a medium point BIC with bold blue ink.

Well said guys...I dont mind toning are shellacking...fading what ever...if the price is right...I will hoard it up...LOL

I had a Reagan signed MacPhail ball I got around 1980 or so, and it was signed in black pen.  beautiful.....except over the course of time, the ink bled into the ball.  I gave it to my daughter, and now she won't give it back!

I got this back in September on ebay for $75 BIN. Amazing what great prices you can get when you can authenticate yourself. :-) Signed in 2002.

Just got this a few weeks ago. Note it is a transition signature -- a mix between the 2002 signature above and his more recent signature style. This is on a 2003 WS Baseball.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service