We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 235611

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got Al Stewart last night. The wine was good also.

Just got this from Josh Clark at RACC. It's massive 40x60. Can't wait to frame it.

Once again, I find myself posting something that no one will care about, but I love it.

extremely beat up 16x20 poster, but only the 2nd piece I have seen with a 100% authentic  " no doubts" signature.

Haha! Wrong, I love it Pete! Loved that movie, not everyone has that.

Two fun pieces that I like mostly for the story.

1) Went to a Yankees game a few weeks ago and Steiner always runs silent auctions on the first level. They basically have a bunch of items out and you bid through the game and then it ends in the 7th inning. As I walked by I noticed they had a MIke Tyson's punch out signed 16x20 that I just loved. I was a huge Tyson fan and a huge Punch Out Fan (I'm in my mid 30's!). In that moment, I had to have it. However, I looked at the starting bid which was $250 and bids that were already up to $325. I pulled out my IPhone and saw they sell the exact piece on Steiner's website for $275! I laughed and walked away. On the way out I checked on what it sold for, $425! Crazy! Anyways, that night I went to Steiner's eBay page and noticed they had the picture, unframed, in an auction ending that night. I ended up getting it for $70! It came directly from Steiner with hologram and certificate card. I picked up a decent frame on sale a couple weeks later and bam, a framed, signed Mike Tyson 16x20 for about $100!

2) Last year, my sister in law went and saw China Doll on broadway starring Al Pacino. Afterwards she waited outside by the exit and he stopped and signed a number of autographs. One of the other actors also signed. She got a playbill signed by both. When she brought it home and showed me I thought it was great. I know very well that Pacino signs like crap with a typical "Al" and even that is tough to acquire. I told her if she ever wanted to do something with the auto, she could pick up a $20 Playbill frame online, throw it in there and give it me as a gift. It would make my day. Wouldn't you know, 6 months later, on my birthday, this is what I unwrapped! It now hangs in my basement/mancave and although not a great looking autograph, its certainly cool and has an interesting story behind it.

I should note, on the Pacino, I have pictures printed and in an envelope taped to the back that show him signing the autographs.

That Tyson is great

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service