We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251767494153?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2...

They've hit an all time low with this one. wow.

Views: 12747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rogers Mia at the present.
That's unfortunate. We could argue about this for weeks, but Roger could solve it in two minutes.

Mr Steiger has a point you cant buy unless you do your own homework or you will find out the hard way its a snafu.

Here is my "wall" band signed piece.any resemblances?
Attachments: No photo uploads here
Actually if you look at the "R" in roger you can definitly see a serious resemblance in the way it's written.or the "L" in gilmour the way it just comes down with no loop.

There is no resemblance. I thin John Brennen (sorry if I miss spelled his last name) got that signed in the early 90's. It's a nice piece and I have seen it around for a while now.

Here is a nick mason and waters signed final cut album I won on rr auctions a month ago.loa from rr,Jsa,and psa.take a look at nick masons sig.now take a look at the album in question mason sig....definitly a resemblence.

Nice example. Authentic. I put together a graphic on Nick Mason. This alone should really help prove this WALL is a fake. I challenge any to refute this.

So with little effort I found another identical Mason from the same forgers hands (I see these often).

I put together this graphic to show Nicks signature from best to worst so you all can understand what is what. He signed anywhere from Nick Mason to N_M_ and if you have ever got him in person (I have several times) you would know that the first signatures are better but then if tends to go down hill when he signing 50 things for 5 people haha. Anyway, the big mistake is the forger doesn't know how to interpret Nick's rushed signature (which is far easier to forge so it makes sense they are attempting it). They are trying to replicate the rushed version in on the upper right obviously but they think that it  is a M_S_ as in "Mason" but they are wrong, it is N_M_ as in his initials. So because they think it is "M_S_" (a shortened version of "Mason" they are adding the second "N" before it and they modifying what should be the "N" in Nick to a "M" so to speak.

Again, I challenge anyone to show me a real Nick Mason with the double N.

I’m not very familiar with Pink Floyd’s signatures, but something doesn’t make sense to me. The Mason exemplar at the bottom of the image was taken from another complete set. While both Mason signatures appear to be in the same hand, that isn’t the case with the other three respective signatures. To me, the remaining signatures from the other set look much worse than those from the set in question. While I haven’t studied his signature, based on what I’ve seen the Waters signature from the set in question looks quite close, while the other one is horrible. You’ve probably seen cases in which a forger has added additional signatures to one or two authentic ones in order to give the appearance of a complete set. Could that have happened with the other set?

The second blue sharpie fake Mason I posted had 3 of the worst forgeries I have ever seen with it so I didn't bother to post them.

The Wall in queston has no real autographs it but you bring up a good point. People buy Gilmores single signed and then get Roger and Nick to signed them. Some got Rick too is lucky. I know two specifically that this is the case. An Ummagumma with a fake Gilmore and Real Roger (I saw the Roger get signed) and a Meddle with all 4 and the Gilmore is not real. Both PSA'd. These are dangerous cause the Gilmore's are really good and if not for seeing dozens that are idenical (but good) come out of the UK I would be fooled. There s subtle things not right about that, and seeing a dozen or so made me see a pattern of the forger. I might start a new thread to showcase these sometime.

The second blue sharpie fake Mason I posted had 3 of the worst forgeries I have ever seen with it so I didn't bother to post them.

That's my point. The two Mason signatures do appear consistent to me. You stated that the other Mason is in "the same forgers hand." If that's the case, why are the other three signatures from that set so much worse than those from the set in question? 

That is not always the case but a wrothy point for you to make. Take the TEAM DEREK guys from the mid west. Or the Texas boys who like to all the Sabbath and other metal stuff. One guys isn't faking everything, between the crew each guy might has a specialty. But with Floyd, all this crap out of the UK I'll see patterns from a a few different sellers. The will "mix it up" a but.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service