We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ever since this rookie phenom broke into the league his autographs/cards have been a hot product. As of now I am the only person I know of who has studied Puig's autograph extensively around here so I felt the need to share some exemplars. I have exposed tons of Puig forgeries on this site, and will continue to do so. PSA/DNA listed Puig in their "Top 10 Most Forged Autographs" of 2013. IMHO about 15%-20% of Puig "autographs" on eBay at any given time are truly authentic.

In order to help, I am sharing some authentic exemplars, as well as some forgeries to help train your eyes. 

AUTHENTIC EXAMPLES:

OLD SIG: 

Authentic Flats:

Authentic Balls:

*NOTE: Towards the end of his rookie season, Puig started signing the side-panel WAY MORE often than the sweet spot. (Forgers have taken note of this as well)

Cards:

Authentic Helmets:

Some 2014 Spring Training autographs, his sig is evolving already:

Now I will share some FORGERY examples. Please note, I have seen forgeries certified by PSA/DNA as well as JSA. With Puig being such a new superstar, even the big authenticators are going to make their mistakes so be very careful. There are TONS of forgeries certified by Global Authentics

I will try and keep this updated as much as I can. Be very careful when purchasing a Yasiel Puig autograph. Remember, "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is." Also remember that a "COA" is just a piece of paper, and any seller not mentioning the COA is probably a scammer. 

Tags: Dodgers, Puig, Yasiel, autograph, exemplars

Views: 4559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure eBay seller  this-n-thatsportscollectiblesplusmore has a Global Authentics Frequent Flyer card...

3 pages of junk, of course all "certified" by Global Authentics... 

Just putrid crap:

It's unreal that anyone can look at this and actually believe Koufax and Kershaw signed that!

Yet another hilarious Yasiel Puig forgery listed by eBay seller okauthentics of course, certified by "Global Authentics".

Just flat-out laughable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasiel-Puig-Autographed-Los-Angeles-Dodgers...

Here is another one, fresh off the "assembly line", this one listed by eBay seller  randyzcc $69 BIN... Folks, Puig has an exclusive deal with Panini, you are not getting an authentic Yasiel Puig signed 8x10 for $70 BIN. smcomstore has some authentic stuff and they're trying to get $300+ for it... 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodger-Great-Yasiel-Puig-Autographed-8X10-P...

Here is yet another Yasiel Puig "Global Authentics" forgery listed by eBay seller gammsports

$69 BIN... LOL. 100% JUNK and the seller knows it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YASIEL-PUIG-AUTOGRAPHED-MLB-BASEBALL-GLOBAL...

The crap GLOBAL AUTHENTICS and these sellers are getting away with is absolutely unreal. You mean to tell me that someone paid $20 for a ROMLB, got Puig's autograph (incredibly hard in person, I partied with the man all night and couldn't get it), paid $30 for "authentication" from GA (not to mention shipping fees), and is going to sell it for $69 BIN... LOL. They are out $50 right there from the ball/"authentication" alone. Plus eBay and PayPal fees is another $9. Essentially the seller would be making about $5-$8 profit off of this if it were authentic.. (It's NOT). Once again, if it seems to good to be true, IT IS.

To compare here is an authentic Yasiel Puig ball from Fanatics which Yasiel has an exclusive deal with. The STARTING BID is $314. This is way too high IMO, but this shows you how much of a premium he expects out of his autograph and how much he gets paid to sign stuff. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasiel-Puig-Los-Angeles-Dodgers-Autographed...

How did you get to party with him? He still wouldn't sign for you? That's pretty cold.

I went to a LA vs. STL game and afterwards my buddy and I were walking from a bar and saw Yasiel/Hanley/Brandon League just walking down the street. No one was within 100 yards, I ran up to them and asked very nicely to sign my "team ball", and they just shook their heads and completely ignored me... (I was decked out in Dodgers gear and this was in St. Louis)

I was pissed, so my buddy and I decided to follow them to see what they were up to. We followed them inside of a club, and they were being very low key hiding in a corner trying to holler at girls. I could tell they were trying to avoid us thinking we were autograph hounds or something, but eventually I went up to Puig and asked if he wanted a drink, and he said to ask the girls he was with. So I bought them all a couple of rounds, and then he started buying rounds, and eventually we were "accepted" as part of the group LOL.

So we hung out there another hour or so, and eventually they wanted to go to another bar and Yasiel grabbed me and my buddy and said "We going to new bar, you come with you are my friends" and paid for our cab to go to another club with them. Here's the kicker... on that cab ride there I sat my bag down which had my Dodgers team signed ball I was working on, it had Magic Johnson, Don Mattingly, Clayton Kershaw, and Carl Crawford... I LEFT IT IN THE CAB. I was standing in line talking to Puig and all of a sudden i was like OH S***. I ran and tried to find the cab but it was long gone. Up until this point Puig/Hanley were being VERY RUDE about pictures/autographs from anyone, they just wanted to party low-key which I understand so I did not ask or I felt we would've been "kicked out" of the group. I saw Hanley make a kid delete a picture he took of Hanley walking by... While standing in line I thought "I have to get a photo or no one will believe this..." so I did ask Puig for a picture and he agreed to a selfie with me. LOL. Hanley gave me a cigarette and lit it too which is funny.

At this club I sorta acted like a body guard and tried to keep people from bothering Puig and I think they appreciated that. When it came time to leave (3:00am when they had an 11:15 game the next day...) he gave me a hand shake and said "I going give you my number, I text you..." and he grabbed my phone and put his number in there. I have texted him a few times it's pretty funny, I'm pretty good with photoshop and I have sent him a few pictures that he posted to his Instagram/Facebook. He even thanked me personally on there once. LOL. 

But yeah I have been to probably 15+ Dodgers games in the past 2 years and haven't seen him sign at once other than for a few kids who had "BP field access". He did not sign one autograph that night (other than the bar receipt which I wanted to steal) LOL. 

Ryan, you're leaving out what happened with the hunnies after 3AM? I can't quite figure that out ;)

Sounds like an amazing experience.  Surely a story to tell to the kids/grandkids.

Browsing a website and waddaya know? eBay PROMOTING FORGERIES... Yup, eBay is ADVERTISING forgeries authenticated by GA... LOL

Here are 2 authentic examples, signed just a few days ago at the 2015 FanFest in LA. Nice "sit-down" signature. Side-paneled, of course:

Dreadful forgery listed by eBay seller ritchye666 on a .25 cent base card listed for $200 BIN. LOL. 95% of Puig "autographs" on eBay are GARBAGE:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasiel-Puig-Signed-2014-BOWMAN-Baseball-Car...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service