This card was just pulled out of the 2016 Topps Heritage baseball card product. It's guaranteed by Topps, but just wanted to get some more opinions before I made a move for it. Thanks as always guys!

Views: 1590

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks good to me!

thanks steve! i'm picking it up... first beatles auto!

Can't hurt to get other opinions.

I don't think it's real, sorry. Especially not for a 1967 example.

I don't think Topps actually tries to get autos that originated in that exact year. I dunno if you collect baseball cards like I do, but that's giving Topps WAYYY too much credit!

its ugly, for sure, and I agree with Edward that it is not a 1967 example.  but not convinced its fake.  has some positives.

I agree, the style looks older than 1967 to me, but I do like the autograph itself. I feel pretty strongly that it's genuine. But I'm sure opinions will keep on rolling in.

If it's real, I'd guess 1963-ish maybe? But even in examples from then, I've never seen him cross the t in his last name, like it looks has been done here. I still don't like it, but I'm in the minority.
Nothing's wrong with being in the minority, Edward. Every autograph needs to be viewed with a critical eye. I think you're right, it looks '63ish to me, too.

The crossing of the T is strange, isn't it? I don't recall seeing that before either. But the other letter formations look right to me.
I believe this is authentic, I also agree not 1967, but letter formations that look good to me. I will say that it isn't an "attractive" piece in my eyes (just my opinion) the Tops card could be a little better looking, looks like one of the common 1980's cards.

However, a Beatles era Paul McCartney (whatever the date) is a good piece in my eyes to buy.

Very excited to see the conversation develop with many of the forum-goers who I know are much more well versed in Beatles that I could ever hope to be... stepping a bit outside of my comfort zone picking this up, but I've been selling off a lot of my sports cards lately, so I'm able to mitigate the purchase somewhat.

I know it's not the prettiest Macca I've ever seen (and classic Topps to leave the empty area on the left only to ever-so-slightly cut off the "Y" on the right), but I saw my shot and I took it... and seeing that it's probably Beatles-era (if not 1967, specifically) is a nice capper. This will look great in my streamlined collection, and I'm excited to have it in hand!

I'd be excited, too. Can I ask what you paid? I'm curious what kind of premium it brought.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service