We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

https://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Category/Michael_Jackson-197.html

Please share your opinions on the following "signed" items coming up for sale in the auction at Gotta Have Rock And Roll (Nov 2014)

Est $60,000 - 80,000 (Edit: added the close up of auto)

$3,000 - 5,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000

$2,000 - 3,000  (omg)

$2500 - 3500

$2500-3500

$2,000 - 3000 (the sig on this is good in my opinion--look closely at the rest of it though and you'll see what I see)

There are other odds and ends but because this is an autograph forum, I am limiting the posts to only "signed" pieces. 

-w

Tags: And, Gotta, Have, Jackson, MJ, Michael, Rock, Roll

Views: 3238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Contract looks good.  Did they get the rest from the Julien's Auction?

Juliens is the first thing I thought of. The Michael Jasckson thread with them was huge and contentious.

juliens ang gotta are sewn together at the hip

Its a letter to do with his giraffe housing I guess.  Its a copy though... of a copy... :)

Arent alot of those the "Jacksul" forgery style?

To be clear, I am not giving an opinion or saying all of the autos I put up are fake.  I posted all of the MJ items they have in this auction that have an auto.  I am just looking for opinions on the items, because most recently I've run into a few GHR&R MJ's that were questionable to me.  

I'll bring up a few things after I've done more research.

To Carl, no, these aren't from the "Jaksul" writer - at least not that I can see.

-w

I'm going to post some past items from Gotta Have it, you'll see why I am questioning items in their sales...

​The above Military coat has two L's in Michael *a cursive lower case L and then the huge swoop at the end and THAT is normally considered his L*   The print above it (love you always) does not look anything like MJ's handwriting.  This sold for $9,202.00 at Gotta Have Rock and Roll in July 2014   

The above Thriller album also has a double L in Michael--but I don't believe its related to the military coat.  It sold for 491.00 in July of 2014

​Then this fedora (above) also has two L's in Michael-(twice as it was twice signed).  This item sold for $5,704.00 in July 2014.  After I looked at this for awhile, it reminded me of the wrist lacer that is in this upcoming auction (and this is sort of what drew my eyes towards looking back at all of Gotta Have R&R auctions)

I personally have not seen this style of MJ autograph anywhere but here.  That doesn't mean they don't exist, just that I've not seen them before.

Then this current auction :  First the Popeye coat.  Its not the coat MJ wore... close, but not quite. I cannot see the autograph to make out if its good, but just wanted the jacket differences noted as the ad is kind of deceiving.

Michael has no Popeye arm patch on his sleeve (he also doesn't have a seam mid breast horizontally)

And different writing on the back.  He was on a date with Madonna for these pics, GHR&R used a photo of him in the car on this date, as a reference pic, but you cannot see the back or his arm in that photo.

The black and white coat below  - looks like the same writing as the military coat.
GHR&R states:   "This is Michael Jackson's black and white leather jacket that he wore for the Pepsi "New Generation" 1983-84 ad campaign in which he appeared." 

Is this also a double L?  or is this one good?

Also this style leather coat can be found on eBay available to purchase, same name brand.
Michaels actual coat in the Pepsi Commercial, the zippers near the shoulders are down further than the coat that is for sale by Gotta Have It..

Then there is this fedora that is for sale in this auction.

This looks very shaky to me.

Two others were sold that were similar to it.  I'm not sure who's handing these in, but they look very off to me.

Sold for $2,000 12/8/2012

Sold for $2,000 12/8/2012   

I'll quit for now.  I have a dentist appt to hit :)

Comments?  Love to hear the opinions...

-w

you are on to something and your detective work is great!!

There are more shoes (below) that I am wondering about.  This lanyard comes with a pair of shoes.  The lanyard looks eerily similar to the collage sigs that I posted way above.  I am not positive of it though.   ​The shoes were signed 4 individual times.  Here is the ad on them....These are Michael Jackson's stage worn shoes that he has signed and inscribed on both sides of each shoe. Michael wore these shoes in concert on October 12, 1993 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Michael gave the shoes to a fan at the end of the concert and wrote on the fan's laminated backstage pass, "My original shoes all my love Michael Jackson" in gold paint pen. This access pass accompanies the shoes.  They sold for $11,136.00     here

Then of course they sold the clown Erick drew (below).  Ema and I wrote to them to let them know, but they continued on with the sale and did not respond.  The clown can be found in Erick's files here and we discussed it here and here.    And it sold at GHR&R on 4/5/2014 for 1,100.00 here

Another drawing below, this one is a side profile of a face.  The person who drew this used an MJ secretarial autograph to sign as Michael.  The drawing sold for $3,509.00 here

Here is another Erick drawing that was sold at Gotta Have It on 3/31/2012.    It sold for $2,929.00     For readers coming into this late--Erick is a forger out of the LA area, and we have a thread dedicated to him here

​And another drawing by Erick below.... that sold on 12/14/2013.   It sold for $1500.00  here
I'm gonna take a break on this until after Thanksgiving but there is more stuff to post yet. 
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrate the season.  Don't eat too much!! :)
Wascher

I also want to add this drawing onto this discussion--but only to compare to the one done above in blue that is similar.  The artist used secretarial autographs on both, but this one was sent off to Juliens to sell.  Its just an interesting note.   It sold for $5,625.00 at Juliens on 6/24/2010 .   The one at Gotta Have it sold in March 2010.

The epaulettes on the black and white jacket in the commercial seem to end closer to the seams where the shoulders meet the arms than the one in the auction.

Again fantastic work Wascher, some very poor examples of MJ's signature and it looks like there will be thousands wasted!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service