We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Rock and Roll Collection Concerns [Title revised by moderator]

I see this site brought up a lot on this site for autograph references.

http://www.rockandrollcollection.com/

problem is, who ever this Stephan is he has a load of forgeries up here too. I get messages from people from time to time saying he has offered to sell a member here an item or two and it is never the real stuff imo, it is usually the fake stuff. Greed. He wants money but doesn't want to part with the good stuff.

Eagles are his most famous work. Attached is a screen shot of his fake work (not limited too). Notice how they are the same..... duh. If you look through his stuff he has loads of fake Zeppelin, Beatles, Springsteen, Stones, Floyd and more. Even the so called authentic Traveling Wilbury's is not real. Maybe the George and Petty are ok but 100% not the Lynne and I'm pretty sure the Dylan is bogus also. Anyway, I don't wish to debat about this guy and his ethics but if you are using him a reference be careful and I wouldn't buy anything from the guy either.

Views: 28737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a forgery IMO.  Suspicious too that the seller will guarantee Roger to pass it but not PSA.  Seems like he knows PSA would fail it.

so why, unless I have missed something, can the seller guarantee that it is going to be passed by JSA if PSA have failed it?  I am assuming PSA has failed it by the absence of its mention

Seller can do whatever he/she wants, it's just sketchy in my opinion that they are not disclosing the fact that it either failed PSA already or they have knowledge that it won't pass. They are probably assuming it will pass JSA because Roger is their music authenticator. Plus they are trying to capitalize on a quick sale after Frey's death. Almost as if they think it's bad and no longer want it in their collection after reading this discussion.

yes you could well be right; - but it would have been better imo  for the seller to have just mentioned roger without jsa because of course the question that any potential buyer is going to want to know is why psa has not been mentioned

Im still very interested in this subject but without Stephens participation it came to a standstill.

His absence should tell you all you need to know.
There's plenty of concerns to stay away from the questionable Eagles autographs.

Is this another one hitting the market right now?

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=616

The Henley looks like the ones I'm concerned about. When I checked a few months ago, RR had not sold one like that before. But PSA/DNA has been authenticating them, too.

Yes, I've also seen more of these lately with either PSA or JSA LOAs.  Already bid up to $1600 bucks. 

There's one up on iconic auctions this week, don't remember who's it is.. Funny they guarentee it to pass JSA but not PSA.

For one of the hardest bands to complete, I've seen an awful lot of complete eagles stuff in the last 6 months.

You mean the Hotel California? It doesn't have the cookie-cutter Henley I'm concerned about, although it has couple of the characteristics of it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service