We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Coming up for auction in the new year this 1960 Elvis autograph caught my eye...

What do you guys think ??

Views: 486

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are some great Elvis collectors who would know this far better then myself. With that said I would vote "no" on this one.

Well this Autograph looks a little bit unusual, but Elvis Autographs are always very different. So there is a chance that it is real. The handwriting looks very typical in my eyes. Especially the words My, Thanks and For. Because of that I think it is real.

Karsten is correct. The first thing I have learned about Elvis is the "l" is usually taller than the "E" in Elvis. Indeed there are many similarities, when it comes to Elvis, I would want to be absolutely sure(if that is possible).

It looks like very slow, perhaps too neat handwriting with some starts and stops. Looking at RR & UACC studies, I'm not so fast to say good. The "My, Thanks and For" I expect - I'm looking at "sincere" and "everything" and a few other things.

Hopefully my second response didn't confuse anyone. I agree there are similarities but I still say this one is a "no" for me.

I don't think it's real, Don. What do you think?

Well I think given what I will call the "strength" of the inscription which to my eyes is spot on...then it would only follow that the signature is genuine...

Does that make any sense ??

Is it the loops in his writing you look for, Don?

See attached for another one. He uses so many loops in his handwring.
Attachments: No photo uploads here

Well in this case Ben it's the inscription...."My Sincere Thanks for everything"...that leads me to believe that the item is genuine...

While the autograph all by itself is certainly not the most common of Elvis examples...the salutation is (to me at least) in Elvis's hand...

And so in my mind if I believe Elvis wrote the salutation...then he signed it too...

How'm I doing so far ??

Yeah that makes sense. From what I've read he largely went with that and 'Best wishes'.

But yeah, makes sense that if the inscription is good than the auto is good too. Especially is it's one that you sit on the fence with.

I don't like the inscription, either. Although parts are close, the piece you posted just doesn't look like it was signed by Elvis to me.

the flow in this signature is awful

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service