We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Christmas came early this year. I just picked up a 1977 Lynyrd Skynyrd signed Street Survivor album from Altamonte Springs meet and greet. Same as Roger E,s 2012 post but this album is NM in condition with all the original album contents including TOTS tour date sheet. Acquired from the original owner who had it signed in person. Other goodies include a letter of the days events in 1977 and a REAL COA.  So cool I just had to share.

Happy Thanksgiving

Views: 872

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw this piece and was drooling over it. I am really glad it wound up with someone in the community here. Congratulations on an absolutely rare and beautiful piece!

This is an impressive Skynyrd piece. Congratulations!

Can't be many of these around -- anyone know how many they signed and what they are worth?

ive seem a few full band signed stuff a few signed posters including concert ones.

asking price has been usulay around 5k or so but never seen them flip

I love the band but for some reason there  not a cross over like a lot of dead bands.

notsure if the fact that they continued to after if that helped or hurt them

there more of a niche 

duana allman is bigger because of Clapton in my opinion and the band had such more of a legacy

queen is bigger because theres only one Freddie mercury probably one of the greastest front men ever but still worth more over seas than America but catching up now

rant and my explantion over

but great sigs and properly place congrats

They should be very rare and there should be only a limited number of these ever in existence.  My copy was signed on Oct 17, 1977 at the Altamonte Spring meet and greet. The original owner was a young lady that went out and purchased the record the same day and brought it to get the bands signatures.  From my reasearch all band members signed in black ink with the exception of Ronnie who used a white ball point pen with blue ink at that event  I can only guess that other people did the same thing but how many Is unknown but I imagine not too many.  From the available pictures taken I really see only 1 or 2 Street Survivor albums on the table getting signed by all 7 but I’m definitely sure there were more than that since an estimated 3000 fans gathered that day.  Again how many bought and brought the record to the signing is anybody’s guess. Also othe SS albums could have been signed at the remaining concerts but most likely would have the signature placement in different locations and not the uniformity of ink color.  As for value I’ve seen a couple in less than fine condition from 5k to 7.5k but never in near mint condition jacket and record and the two album sheet inserts.  What mine is worth? - I have no idea. :)

Attachments: No photo uploads here

One note - I did find it super cool that Leon’s inscription of “Let there be rock! Indirectly supports his friendship with the late Bon Scott.  An added bonus.

I was there for the autograph event in Altamonte Springs, and trading that signed album away for practically nothing is one of the couple dumbest things I've ever done.

I've already said this once but my thoughts offer an encore. Impressive!!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service