I’m extremely excited to share a recent acquisition obtained from Frank Caiazzo. This document is dated July 30, 1969, an exceedingly rare year for Beatles signature sets. It unwinds entanglements between the Beatles and the Estate of Brian Epstein. NEMS Enterprises Limited (Nemperor) had certain alleged interests in the Beatles and some of the Beatles' companies (Lennon Books and George's music publishing company Harrisongs), and the Beatles had some interest in some of Epstein's companies. Both sides are ceding their interests to the other side in this legal document. Additionally, the Beatles and their companies are releasing any claims that they may have against Queenie Epstein and Clive Epstein relating to Brian Epstein's management of the Beatles. It is signed beautifully by all four members of the band and also by Brian's brother Clive Epstein, who assumed control of NEMS after Brian passed away, and also signed his mother Queenie, who had an interest in the management company of The Beatles after her son's untimely death. This was signed on a day the Beatles were busy in the studio doing some overdubs and mixing for the Abbey Road album and settled on the playing order of the Abbey Road “Medley” which happens to be one of my all time favorite pieces of Beatles music.

I now have complete sets (all authenticated by Frank Caiazzo) from the years 63 (2 sets), 64, 65, 66, 67, and 69. Hopefully, I’ll add 68 (very rare) and 62 to my collection someday.

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1965  Back of flight menu  

1967  EMI Studio letter signed during time when recording SPLHCB, per Frank

I had this 1964 set also but I just traded it to Frank, toward my purchase of the 1969 set

Classic Dezo Hoffman 1963 image...very nice item

Close ups, requested

Thanks Marc, that's an interesting Lennon. Almost hesitant at the beginning. I don't recall seeing an "oh" quite like that. I'm obviously not questioning the authenticity, just making an observation. No doubt Ballroom has some similar exemplars.

Here is a contract signed by Lennon in March 1970 that I inherited from my brother. He worked for an organization that was a counterparty to the contract and saved the contract when it was earmarked for the shredder! I'm glad that Lennon, rather than one of the other three Beatles, happened to be at 3 Savile Row when the contract needed to be signed!

"My" Lennon is obviously much more free-flowing. Maybe the use of felt-tip rather than biro played a part.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. 

Hi Marc, absolutely fantastic, thank you very much for sharing. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you‘ll have your collection complete soon. Do you already have an idea, what your next project will be, if anything?

Thanks, MrKite1970. It would be nice to complete the years. No immediate new project/purchase planned especially given the recent expenditures of the 1969 contract, the 1966 PanAm ticket folder, and a Mitchell print from the Washington Coliseum concert. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service