We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

As a collector of autographs, rock memorabilia, I feel that I need to allow for a percentage of forgeries that I may have purchased over my time of collecting. Well I hope to keep the percentage small, but I think it's almost impossible to have a 100 percent success rate ,not being an expert that is. Even these days people are disagreeing with tpa.

Well that seems to be the reality for me , how about you and your collection?

Views: 7692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's put it this way...I'm certainly not an expert...but I am also not a GFA troll.

ball and gfa

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Who is JSA/DNA?

Some of my 90s collection, i doubt id have a hope of anyone authenticating some of them. Sometimes someone will point out thats a forgery in my collection and ill say yes your right, other times items i believe are authentic fail quick opinions and i have to be careful of what i take as gospel.
What do you believe isn't real in your collection Paul?

You never know in the future what TPAs opinions will still be taken seriously. New TPAs could pop up. Strange thing about opinion based collecting, someone's reputation is very important.

The smashing pumpkins poster was likely signed by one of the pumpkins pr guys for the radio comp. Ill put it on ebay, just kidding.

Oh, sorry to hear that Paul.

It happens, nothing ventured nothing gained. It's a great hobby but not an easy one. The odds are in the forger's favour.

Luckily you have all those other extremely awesome pieces (Pepper, White Album, Beach Boys...etc!) :) you are still doing pretty good in my book!

JSA/DNA?

was psa/jsa sorry the typo

ok that makes sense

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service