We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

As a collector of autographs, rock memorabilia, I feel that I need to allow for a percentage of forgeries that I may have purchased over my time of collecting. Well I hope to keep the percentage small, but I think it's almost impossible to have a 100 percent success rate ,not being an expert that is. Even these days people are disagreeing with tpa.

Well that seems to be the reality for me , how about you and your collection?

Views: 7692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol your a member of nambla go away chomo

There is no room for that sort of talk here, larson. There is a door around here you might find sooner than later...

Eric

your so manly eric im shaking

there

Attachments: No photo uploads here
Post your Koufax photo

ITS A BALL

3 HOURS AGO IT WAS A PICTURE. MAKE UP YOUR MIND

its a ball

TPA are still just opinions although educated ones. Unfortunately, there are so many forgeries out there that TPA have been given more influence than they sometimes deserve. Too many collectors have become too dependent on TPA and do not take the time to actually learn about the hobby they supposedly enjoy and invest in. We eventually reap what we sow. 

Pete chukka, has the right idea of seeking out the right tpa for the job, but it's not an easy task by the sounds of it. Sometimes I hear of guys doing a round house trip to this company and onto the next. If one fails it's onto the next.

PSA and JSA get the majority of things correct, but they also make many mistakes. Given the incredible number of autographs they look at and the great variety of celebrity autographs that are sent to them, there is no way they can become "experts" on all celebrity autographs, and hence always make the right call. None of us here are experts on all things; nor can PSA and JSA be. Are they really experts on both Babe Ruth and Ariana Grande? I don't believe they have enough employees to spend the requisite time on each and every piece they see in order to make a sound judgement. But regardless, if you send it in, they will take your money and give an opinion.

I think we need TPAs in the hobby, but they simply cannot be experts on every celebrity.
+1, just be honest about it! Roger only authenticates music. PSA has spread themselves so thin.

Frank Caiazzo only authenticates Beatles. I appreciate an expert who specializes in one or two areas and does that job well. Unfortunately there aren't that many other TPAs that come to mind that are just say authenticators of just 60's and 70's rock with out also trying to authenticate grunge, pop, blues etc.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service