We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Amazon.com Promoting Autographed Memorabilia....Derek Jeter Mickey Mantle Forgeries Found

I read an article yesterday about Amazon.com promoting autographed sports memorabilia. 

Of course when I scanned the Amazon site for autographs I immediately found a few forgeries, but what really shocked me this morning was the Amazon.com advertisement on the NY Post website.  Here's a screenshot of the first page I clicked on the NY Post website.

It's an advertisement for Amazon.com proudly displaying a Derek Jeter forgery.  Nice going Amazon!!! 

Here are some other forgeries I found on Amazon.com.

Tags: amazon, autographs, derek, forgeries, jeter, mantle, mickey, signed photos, sports collectibles

Views: 4321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another Derek Jeter piece of garbage.  $249.00 for an authentic Derek Jeter autographed bat??!!  You kidding me!!!

Here's another beauty.

A lot of this crap is being sold by seller Hall Of Fame Memorabilia.  Below is another item of theirs.  It's a Mickey Mantle signed bat that they claim has a COA from Scoreboard.

Fact:  Mickey Mantle did not sign any bats for Scoreboard.

Amazon's A to Z Guaranty covers undelivered, damaged and misrepresented/defective goods for 60 days. Not much of a warranty.

Chris, I think it's time for us to post lists of sellers who offer a lot of problem autographs. On Amazon, eBay, other platforms and through their own sites.

I've read several times on "the usual suspects" sites things  like, "Who made them (AM and AM Live!) the autograph cops?"

I'm always tempted to answer back, "Who made you the autograph robbers?"

The thing is, if we don't do it, no one will. 

Absolutely right, Steve.  If we don't do it, who will? That's the problem, nobody (except a few sites) wants to confront the sellers of forgeries.  I've never been afraid to confront sellers of forgeries.  No one should be afraid or intimidated by sellers of forgeries.  A lot of of them (sellers of forgeries) use intimidation to get buyers to back off when requesting refunds.  It will not be tolerated.

Here is a bad ARod:

http://www.amazon.com/Mounted-Memories-Rodriguez-Autographed-Baseba...

Check out the price reduction and the comment left by someone who got ripped off.

I think that Amazon's sports memorabilia section is going to end up being a good thing. They won't put up with forgery sellers and more buyers will become aware of fakes from reviews. I think that by the end of the month they'll have it under control.

I hope so, Steve, but only time will tell.  But, that being said, if Amazon cleans up the memorabilia side of their website, I will be just as fast to praise them.

Good work Chris....these are just disgusting blatant fakes

Thank you, Cee Gee.  If Amazon wants to grab a piece of the sports memorabilia market they will also have to take the heat for their members that sell forgeries.   And it's not a small problem over there at Amazon.  It's a big problem.

Yes Chris...is there a way to get a complaint in or have these pulled...these are so so so bad

Probably not.  Amazon will have to take out the garbage themselves....that's if they decide to do anything.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service