We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Amazon.com Promoting Autographed Memorabilia....Derek Jeter Mickey Mantle Forgeries Found

I read an article yesterday about Amazon.com promoting autographed sports memorabilia. 

Of course when I scanned the Amazon site for autographs I immediately found a few forgeries, but what really shocked me this morning was the Amazon.com advertisement on the NY Post website.  Here's a screenshot of the first page I clicked on the NY Post website.

It's an advertisement for Amazon.com proudly displaying a Derek Jeter forgery.  Nice going Amazon!!! 

Here are some other forgeries I found on Amazon.com.

Tags: amazon, autographs, derek, forgeries, jeter, mantle, mickey, signed photos, sports collectibles

Views: 4322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am certain that Amazon is reading this "Discussion." 

I want to say to Amazon, that if they don't know it by now, that Chris Morales, TTA   and Stat Authentic COAs are on Ebay's "Banned COA" list.   That means, that when an autograph with a COA from Chris Morales, TTA or Stat Authentic is found on Ebay and is "Reported" it gets removed from the Ebay auction site.

I would also like to make the point that the memorabilia side of the Amazon website isn't all forgeries.  There are some nice pieces listed over there, but it is also riddled with forgeries like the ones we have shown here.

We have every right as hobbyists to expose this stuff.  There are a lot of people who care about ridding the hobby of forgeries, but very few of them go out of their way like we do to actually do something about it.

Like Steve mentioned before, other people criticize us for being "the cops" of the hobby, but what are we suppose to do, sit idly on the sidelines and do nothing?  That's what the sellers of forgeries want us to do and some of them use intimidation to get us to stop.

Amazon comes out with an advertisement using an obvious Derek Jeter forgery on a baseball and we're suppose to do nothing about it?  Seriously?

If someone is not "the cops" of the of the hobby then the forgers will just continue to cash out on all the unsuspecting collectors that have not done the homework on what there purchasing...its a real shame... especially that this junk is out there still in such high numbers and people are still hanging up this junk on there wall thinking that got an awesome cheap Mantle or Jeter for a fraction of the real thing...the price should really be an eye opener...but unfortunately people see cheap numbers and think its a good piece...I feel an auto should ALWAYS be considered a fake until proven authentic...never assume something is good... especially from a website that is known for selling books...WOW

This is incredible and only $3,111.95......

Another Hall of Fake piece.

I'm a bit puzzled as to how Amazon works.  How is it possible that five different sellers are selling the same Jeter forgery? 

its probably just a stock photo. you would think they would be smarter about it.

You would think each seller would use a photograph of the exact item the buyer will be receiving.   If that's Amazon's policy to use "stock photos" for sellers that sell similar items, then that has to change.

The items are on consignment to many vendors, like www.sportsmemorabilia.com.

The majority (if not all) of the items we are showing here, are all items that were removed from Ebay at one time or another.  We have seen the below Mickey Mantle (forgery) signed cap certed by Chris Morales on multiple websites.

Now look at this: It's being represented as being an MLB piece.

I got home this morning after watching my Giants beat Pats again over at my girlfriend's house and was checking out the Boston.com website and look what I found:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service