We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There are a lot of great items available at auction this next week and I recognize most of them from the last 20 years but this new one on R&R has got me doubting myself and could use some help. 

It looks great but a little too familiar... anyone remember this one that was signed for the boy in the opening scene of the movie that sold at Bonhams like 5 years ago and again at Gotta Have It last year...

Is it possible that these were signed immediately after each other? There are extremely subtle differences in each signature but they are 99.9% identical.  I would love to hear your thoughts.

Views: 4756

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My set is not torn in two, but has a tear at the top of the page. 

I think I have a picture from the omega auction, that shows the tear and a wrinkle at the top as well. 

The framer really did an excellent job as he straightened out the wrinkle, and the tear is not noticeable. But, you can still see the faint folds from the paper being folded in half twice. I will post the original auction picture retakes and how it looks today. 

I am posting my set how they look today. 

I don't have a picture of the auction lot on my phone, and I am getting a new ISP today, once I am back together, I will post a picture of what it looked before. 

Now that I look at it, the picture from the original poster, looks different  than the picture the auction house sent me. 

The original poster picture looks like it is in better condition than what i have. 

There could be many of the same thing floating around out there. 

I wish I had found this site sooner. 

Thanks. Very cool. It’s amazing that I almost bought it from one dealer and one auction house and they never showed the rips or the wrinkle. I would’ve been quite upset to win it and find those flaws. Omega did do a good job of showing the condition and I remember I didn’t go as high on it because of that. Still looks great framed!

Richard,

I don't know Omega Auctions but if they said they'd give you a refund, they may, especially with the exposure this is getting here.

If they told you it was consigned by the man who got them as a boy and you can prove it had been sold before, you may not even have to show that it's likely not real. That completely destroys the legitimacy of the piece and taints its future value and salability.

I found the email from the auctioneer, who said they would refund, but I am not going to hold my breath. 

I sent them a reply today telling them I wanted one. 

At the very least, we are all intense Beatles fans here, and if this information helps one of you guys make a better decision than I did, then it will be something I can take away from it. 

I appreciate all of the great information provided and I will keep everyone posted as to anything new on it. 

Note that I am assuming there are issues with mine, and I understand I could be wrong. 

you have a great disposition and attitude!

when did you buy yours Richard? apologies if its in the thread and I havent seen it

Mid September last year. 

This is very unfortunate and very interesting. What was shown earlier in overlay was bad enough...and now...

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service