We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Beatles, Morrison, Hendrix, Joplin, Elvis—and 26 More on One Guitar

Check this out. The front has: The Beatles, Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Freddy Mercury, Frank Sinatra, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Elvis Presley.

The back has: Brian May, Sting, Mick Jagger, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Levon Helm, Garth Hudson, Joni Mitchell, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, Allen Collins, John Densmore, Ray Manzarek, Ronnie Wood, Richard Manuel, Bono, James Taylor, Jerry Garcia, Bobby Weir, Gene Simmons and Rick Nelson.

Tags: beatles, doors, elvis, hendrix, joplin, morrison, sinatra, stones

Views: 2835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was wrong...actually only 26 more, not 28.

It was sold in the $100,000 range.

This is the discussion Ballroom found from 2011. Well worth reading:

http://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/beatles-signed-guita...

somebody will be very pissed when he finds out that he just spend that much money for a fake.

I'm reminded of Ben Affleck scene from the movie, "The Accountant", when he's setting up to audit the cooked books of the firm that hired him. He opens up his briefcase, pulls two handfuls of magic markers in different colors out and lays them out on the table. :) 

This is obviously composed by a single person. Non-choreographed, unsynchronized groups of people simply don't act as one unless planned, then repeatedly drilled.

Each signature is carefully planned then optimally positioned not to intrude on another.

The forger is good. He's fluid. But he made the error of composing this over too short a time frame. He didn't take enough time with this. The more ambitious the forgery, the longer it takes to properly create. He did many of these on the same day, seemingly at the same time, one after another.

This is where the forgers go wrong. Even if they take their time with the piece, 99% of them don't take 'enough' time. Because of that, elements of their own handwriting style start to creep into the handwriting of their target signatures.

There are many other tells here that I really don't hear auto analysts discuss much at all, if ever, but I hesitate to bring up a few technical points about pieces like this that may help fledging forgers using this forum as their forgery manual, a double edge sword, because as much as we can protect and advise a consumer, our expertise also has the potential to improve the skills of a smart and patient forger with only minimal to moderate skills.

terible bb king clapton ron wood to say the least

gene simmons just called and asked who signed his name

Wise observations. Not a single signer signed in any other (general) direction. Sticks way out. Certain types of light would be useful here , if only for the unfortunate owner. Of course, the confluence of names...do you forge a 28x36 Starry Night or a simple 11x14 wheatfield with quiet palette?

I remember this from a few years ago...pathetic Beatles......lol

Someone paid about $100,000 for it.

Like they used to say..."There's a sucker born every minute!!!"

It came with authentication papers from 2 forensic document examiners.

I've never seen an authentic set ever come from a 'forensic' expert'.....

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service