We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I just bought this off of ebay about two weeks ago. I have been studying Beatles autographs for over 20 years and figured they were just about the best ones I've ever seen on a fan club card so I just got the seller to end early and sell to me.  Now that I have it, it is pristine. That scares me. The ink is aged and autographs are perfect, perhaps too perfect?  Back story is they were signed for a still photographer from ABC tv in NYC during Feb 64 trip. They seem to date to that period, Roger signed off on them, but I can't get Perry or Tracks to return emails regarding COAs for it. I was going to send it in to PSA/DNA but I was wondering what everyone thought on here. The back has 4 black paper marks where it was taken out of a scrapbook. Otherwise, mint condition.

Tags: Beatles, authentic, autograph, signed

Views: 4360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't speak for anybody else, but if I hadn't clicked on the image to look at it in high resolution, I wouldn't have had any concerns. I don't know how large an image Roger got to see.

But like I said, I could be wrong.
Roger picked up on a lennon signature that was done by a machine and it was to uniformed on a quick opinion. I could tell it looked real with the exeption of a couple things. That's why he is a professional and I'm not. I hope this bloke sorts this out sounds like it was a lot of money.

Paul,

From what Ryan said here, it sounds like the ones Roger saw probably weren't as clear or large.

Ryan,

Please post the sharpest, highest resolution images you can get. And save them as the highest quality JPG you can, or a PNG. That way they will be as crisp as possible. A flatbed scanner or a regular camera may work best.

The pen pressure is so uniform except on the P and the M of Paul and the pen lifts so abrupt that it's not adding up for me.

Here the email response I got from Roger this morning.

It is fine, machines can't make pen pressure changes like this has.  Look at the up strokes on the "h" in John and the "e's" in Lennon.  He lightens his pen stroke on the way up and digs in on the downstroke.  It is clear on your image.

Hope that helps
Roger

It is also apparent on the M in Mccartney and the o in Harrison.  Unless anyone has an easy answer as to how this was done outside of the Beatles actually signing it, I am going to assume they're good.

Your golden Ryan. Congrats. Roger knows his beatles.
Good. Sorry for concerning you.

hope it is real! sound like you still paid allot of money for it. it does look amazing good luck!!!!

Hi Ryan, do you see any indentation marks on the front and back? Any grime at all apart from the album residue? They do seem remarkably perfect, with all signatures being of a uniform size and perfectly placed by the respective Beatle but I guess miracles do happen. The condition is also incredible, though I guess if they were stuck into an album immediately there would not be any real wear to speak of.

That was why I needed to ask everyone about it. There are impressions on the front. None on the back besides the paper and glue residue from the scrapbook. Still seems too good to be true but it's looking more and more like they're legit and I couldn't be happier.
I can see the H in Harrison see through on the back.
I will have to look when I get home and hold it up to the light. Usually John and Ringo used the most pressure when signing and George the least but I will double check

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service