We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Views: 55522

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i got the same reply from S&S about them handling "misinformation" by posting about it over social media, which they feel apparently makes the signatures not autopen, but also means it's also legit.  I'm mean, how absolutely bizarre.  Nothing was mentioned or shown or proven over the concerns about the autopened signatures, instead their current stance seems to be "see, this advertisment by us says it's hand signed, so it absolutely is" and we won't be offering refunds   

Looks like ill need to do it through my credit card dispute option for now 

who owns s&s?  Are there shareholders?  

Paramount Global.

That's also where the connection with Snow Commerce comes from, they create branded websites (like Star Trek) and branded merchandise for example for big events.

um. Well perhaps Paramount Global , right at the top of this network  then needs to be contacted  as well. They wont want to be associated with this one would assume.  Hardly a PR coup for them

I hate to say it, but I’m beginning to feel you are correct and this originates with Dylan himself, who we all know hates the whole autograph scene. I bet the deal with S&S specified signing a number of copies, he said no f ing way and the team came up with this cutting edge solution. He certainly doesn’t need the paltry cut of the $600k and it f’s all us collectors and especially the resellers. Kind of disappointing end to such a career, but at this point, he probably doesn’t give a crap. He’s sold everything, why not this? I’m feeling betrayed to my very core and for the first time in a long while, I don’t want to listen to his music this morning. And I no longer am rushing to preorder the new bootleg series. Such a shame.

I sent a message to a friend of mine who's a lawyer. I'll let you know when I hear back

LOL.

The Simon and Schuster listing page for the book has been updated.

'Thanks for your interest in The Philosophy of Modern Song! This edition is no longer available for sale, you can find the original edition here.' 

Unclear if it is sold out or they have chosen to stop selling it - I'm assuming that it is sold out.

I'd have to say the timing would be a bit suspect for it to be sold out.  With most copies starting to arrive yesterday, meaning the backlash would have started last night into this morning, it would seem odd that even though it was for sale late into last night, it would all of a sudden be sold out this morning.  If I remember correctly, Indigo did something similar, as far as taking it off the sale page  and then cancelling orders soon after 

I checked first thing this morning and it was still available. I’m hoping this is the first step in their process of refunding us.

They probably sold far more than the 900 copies they initially said they had, and are worried now that they have been found out, and probably didn't expect the massive backlash and bad publicity more like! ! 

note that they deleted the "hand-signed" phrase on the updated page. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service