We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I was the highest bidder on this piece from last week's RR Auction. Someone told me that the signature "might" not be authentic. I want to get your opinions on it.

Thanks!

Tags: Reeve, Star, Superman, Wars

Views: 2198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FB..... After looking through some more of my exemplars, I can see where the traits that Pete are referring to could give credence to the signature alongside of the fact that it's a vintage photo. What I don't like are the things I see that are not common to Chris such as the bow tie TPH and the R slanted down. The R in Reeve has been modified over the years so it could be a part of the transition that Pete was referring to. Overall, part of the problem its that the photo is not the easiest thing to sign if you have a long name trying to sign something 7X5). 

Nevertheless, I hope you are pleased. It's an item that you need to feel good about. If the sites you sent off for an opinion for give the thumbs up, then you should probably feel good about it. Thanks for opening up a dialogue.

So, I heard back from PSA and PAAS, and here are their results: NOT LIKELY GENUINE.

The next step is contacting RR about my situation.

That is amusing, seeing as it was pre-certified by PSA. I was under the assumption that meant for a small fee it could be fully certified for the buyer before delivery.

Please ask R&R what happens when they send off a pre-certified item to PSA for a full Cert, and it comes back not genuine in their opinion?

I think it is high time I find a new hobby. There isn't even a shred of doubt in my mind that this is Chris Reeve's autograph and the supposed people who make things "real" or "fake" with their incorrect opinions still have the final say. 

Last I heard, PSA can change their opinion on a pre-cert and RR will issue a full refund or cancel the transaction.

It is frustrating, Pete.

You have to be happy with your purchase, that much is fact.

Take a good look at the 1978-1980 samples I put up, and tell me that piece is wrong. 

This is an extremely educational and interesting discussion. When it comes to modern celebrity autographs I value Pete's opinion above any other I know. He has saved me hundreds of dollars avoiding bad signatures. Surely, this gives this signed photo credence. But, it is strange looking to my eyes. Unfortunately, these TPAs are becoming the supreme court in the hobby. And, they can make or break someone trying to sell these items down the road. I am shocked PSA didn't stand by their original opinion. Better to know it now than down the road. It does look odd to me but that means little except to me. I hope it works out for the best.

When the Quick Opinion was sent in, was it linked to the RR Auction that was pre-certified? If so, then PSA didn't stand by their original opinion. If not, it's a case of one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing. It would have gone to two different cogs in the machine, and one cog said yes while the other said no.

It was sent through Icollector.com. It did state the auction was from RRA.

PSA only gives Quick Opinions on listed auction items.

I think as long it's on a auction site (ebay, RR, saleroom) and has a photo of the item in question, they can take an opinion on it.

Yes, that's true.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service