We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hi everyone. Share the highlights of your collection from the year 2016!

Here are mine:

1.) An age 13 Elizabeth Taylor signed album page

2.) Heath Ledger SP. (Don't have a photo now, sorry.)

Tags: 2016, Highlights

Views: 1461

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is really beautiful.

thank you!

christopher reeve and margot kidder 8x10

muhammad ali and floyd patterson 8x10

Here is a close second for Bowie 2016 collection - no sig on this one. Under $50 & unpublished.

May 23, 1973 Rumford Odeon

Amazing pieces! May I kindly ask where you got the Christopher Reeve?

GLENN STRANGE (1899-1973) the Frankenstein monster in Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948) . He was also in the Universal horror classics House of Frankenstein (1944), House of Dracula (1945) and The Mummy's Tomb (1942). He also played the monster in the Bowery Boys comedy movie Master Minds (1949) with Leo Gorcey and Huntz Hall.  I remember him best as "Sam Noonan" the outlaw turned bartender on Gunsmoke from 1961 until his death in 1973. Strange was often cast in B-westerns as a tough guy or villain. One of the best westerns he was in was Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957). He was in the Bob Hope comedy-western Alias Jesse James (1959) and The Lone Ranger Rides Again (1939). Strange also appeared in the Abbott and Costello movie The Wistful Widow of Wagon Gap (1947) and did an episode of their television show. He appeared on such shows as Petticoat Junction, The Rifleman, Tales of the Wells Fargo, Space Patrol, Hopalong Cassidy and many others.  When Boris Karloff died the New York Times ran a picture of the Frankenstein's Monster, unfortunately,  it was Glenn Strange not Karloff!  It is his image as Frankenstein that was often used in models, toys, books etc.  He died of lung cancer in 1973 the same year as this card.  His good friend Bob Burns told me that he was one of the nicest people in Hollywood. This is from Dr. Gary Brucato's Classic Entertainment Autographs.

Nice! I also got my Elizabeth Taylor from him.

Nice Glenn Strange!! I need him for my Gunsmoke collection.

It is your lucky day Steve I just got one available for $800,000.00 (well, $799,999.99 for you) includes postage (media).  I have been busy pricing my collection by browsing History For Sale.

Ugh. I recall they wanted 2500 for a Ledger once. Got mine for almost a tenth of that price.

LOL yes but it does make one feel rich by browsing it.  It can be depressing when you find something you really want there but no way you are going to spend that amount.   You did very well with your Elizabeth Taylor!

Thanks, Scott!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service