We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just saw someone's recent Elvis post and thought I would add mine to a discussion.  This came directly from Perry Cox, obviously, a highly reputable source.  A COA from Perry as well.  I've always felt the signature (on a 5 x 7 magazine page) was a little too shaky, with stops-and-starts and it concerned me at the time. However, given Perry's confidence and assurance, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase it. I remember that Perry had explained to me, at that time, that Elvis went through some periods of being in an "altered state" and that could possibly explain it's shakiness.  Just wanted to see if any of you with more experience than I in this area than I had any opinions on this. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you...

Views: 3254

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I can buy into this one being authentic (the iconic auctions link).  The shape of the El is drastically different from the one in the subject.  I see positives with this signature, and none with the other one.

Pass my friend... Buy only an important document or an autograph with a full story without dub...

How often did Elvis sign "Best Wishes" without personalizing? I spent a few minutes on this autograph and that's the only thing that worries me. 

I'd get an online opinion from Roger Epperson. I think he's the best on Elvis. 

Hah! I was going to say something about William Hurt but did not think anyone would remember it. I'm really like that film. Bob Balaban is in there...from the period I also really liked Wolfen with Albert Finney and Gregory Hines.

Might want to send it to (perhaps) the best on Elvis's autograph: Rich Consola

Have an old email address for him -- he used to charge 25 bucks for an opinion:

rfconsola@roadrunner.com

I think he still does some consulting for RR Auction as well. 

I'd be interested in hearing what his opinion is on yours. 

if you want Roger's opinion, you will be better served by going to his website and using his quick opinion service. I doubt you will get a response on his page.  He is a professional, and should be paid for his opinions.

Thanks, didn’t realize he had website...I just followed the trail on here. Thanks, will do !

Roger vs Perry!

From a strict interpretation of the RR study, I would pass on this item for a few reasons. I am curious to see the end result.

the E bothers me more than anything.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service