We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Please tell me what you think of this Elvis Presley autograph:

Thanks,

Steve

Tags: autograph, elvis presley, signed

Views: 8020

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're right, the names are too close. I'm tired of being blamed for calling Global Authentics Global Authentication. I can't help but think of the movie "Young Frankenstein"...

"That's Fraunken-steen!"

Again, i think this site does a great job of cleaning up the hobby. The site will obviously favor those companies that are cleaning it up, and will call out the ones that have/ are hurting it. 

Steve and I exchanged a few emails over the last couple of days, and they were quite civil. Among the things he asked was that I let him know about mistakes so he can take action before I write about them. I told him that I appreciate where he's coming from, but that's not my role. My job is to share information and opinion, and encourage discussion. Collectors need to be as informed as possible.

He said that if I didn't treat Global Authentics in a way he felt was fairer, he would start a blog here to point out PSA/DNA's and JSA's mistakes. I told him he is welcome to, and in fact, from time to time we've discussed setting up a database of certified autographs from all authenticators that we didn't agree with.

That would be a huge project. Do you think it's worth it?

the difference that I see is that Steve Sipe seems willing to act on items, if we bring them to his attention.  Neither PSA nor JSA, to the best of my knowledge, would do the same.  I would not mind, in fact I have done this, sending Mr. Sipe examples of forgeries that carry the GA sticker.  If the important issue is getting them taken care of, (ie removed from ebay and the cert de-authorized), then doing it off line seems to be the way to go.  If no action is taken, then I believe sharing the items here for discussion is fair game, because that would put GA in the same category as the others, meaning no action taken.

You're welcome to do that, Terrier. But exposing the forgery is important. It'll be offered again shortly, somewhere if not eBay, and probably with the GA/GAI sticker still on it. It's up to the owner to pull the sticker off, and my guess is that's not likely to happen.

What about this suggestion: Send it to Steve, wait until he tells you what he's going to do, and then post the piece and say it's been decertified if it has, and give him applause for that? 

that is actually what I am doing.  I was promised that a certain group of forgeries were going to be pulled by the seller, but they have not yet.

So you're going to post them no matter what, and list the resolution? I absolutely love that.

Steve...

Am I missing something here?

I welcome Steve Sipes blog on PSA/DNA  JSA mistakes.

A lot of us here have been pointing out their mistakes for years.

We all make mistakes, It is what is done when notified of possible errors that is important.

Sipes seems willing to take action when a problem is broght to his attention.

Why is he so hung up on this fairness issue with you?

He thinks I'm picking on GA. Not just by pointing out problem authentications (or I should say ones that aren't genuine in my opinion), but by saying that you're much more likely to find a GA that's fake than a PSA/DNA or JSA that's fake.

Wouldn't it be hard to point out others mistakes for free when you have a hard time authenticating things when your paid to do it? I don't get it. What does that mean? He is going to pay closer attention and look harder now when PSA/JSA authenticates something?
I am a little puzzled myself. My suggestion would be for Steve Sipe to pay more attention to the thousands of highly suspect Jeter and Rivera items with GA COAs than worry about his competition. If I had a nickel for every misshapen and warped Mariano Rivera autograph that looks like "Muuuuu R------" with a GA COA, I could retire early.

Zipper, you mean like this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mariano-Rivera-New-York-Yankees-Signed-Majo...

Happy to contribute to your retirement fund!

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service