We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This Freddie Mercury autograph was given to me as a gift a few years back. The older friend, and an experienced autograph collector,had it in his possession from his sister, who got this signed in person, as he told me.  I have no reason to believe he was lying.

I have to sell in unfortunately and I was either going to send it to PSA/JSA first, because I know many buyers/bidders will claim it to be fake, etc. I decided to put it on eBay instead and within a few hours, received a message claiming it was 110% fake. I truly do not believe this to be the case, but decided to take it down to eventually send to PSA/JSA when I get the extra $100, to make sure.

I wanted to ask for everyones opinion on this item. The sister wrote when and where it was obtained. At this time, I do have it matted and framed. Any opinions are welcome, but I will still eventually send it to PSA/JSA. Thanks guys! I have seen many examples on google etc....which are VERY similar to what I have,

Tags: Freddie, Mercury

Views: 5414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you list it on eBay, Kayla?

No, I did not.

You sent it direct to PSA/DNA for a QuickOpinion?

I had sent the link to my "ended" auction from before. I was wondering if you meant if I listed it on eBay again :)

I would submit it to PSA and get that LOA. I have heard of them giving a "likely genuine" quick opinion and then rejecting a full authentication. And vice versa.

Isn't autograph collecting full of surprises. Imagine all the different and conflicting opinions. Does anyone wonder why this hobby is in the condition it's in. 

Some autographs aren't cut and dry. There are blatant forgeries and autographs that are close enough that knowledgeable experts might disagree. I think this is one of the latter.

+1. Based on what I've seen, the experts do seem to disagree with each other to a surprising extent. They occasionally even disagree with themselves.

I wanted to thank you all for your opinions etc. Very helpful in some way and hopefully this post will help others in the future!

Hi Kayla. I see Roger gave you a no on this item and PSA Quick Opinion said likely genuine. Although I also do not believe this item is genuine, I have to applaud you for removing it from eBay while you looked for more opinions. That alone says quite a bit about the kind of seller you are. And again, although I don't believe it's real, I do understand if you would want to sell with the PSA cert behind it. What we do is give educated guesses. I've been studying Queen autographs for 30+ years and even still, I'll never claim to get it correct 100% of the time. I'm always learning, myself. I would just suggest that if you do decide to sell, that you get the full cert from PSA since the item has been called into question by a few people here alone. And like somebody already mentioned earlier, it's rare- but there have been times when the quick opinion from PSA didn't match the opinion given for the LOA. All the best in your future sales on ebay, Kayla. I have no doubt that you are an honest seller, regardless of what I think of this item, your actions prove you are one of the good ones. Trust me, on ebay- the good ones are hard to find.

This is why I like this site because often the tpa's have different opinion's, but here I can ask the fan based collectors their opinion's.

There is the small minority that will buy an autograph and try a number of tpa's to pass their autograph ,so they can flip the item for a profit.

Hi Kayla,

I reopened your discussion. We generally don't close them unless the discussion is so out of control that it's disruptive. Members are allowed--and welcome--to make responsible comments.

Thanks,

Steve

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service