We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I'm so proud and pleased to show you my new item in the collection. Some will say they see here a handwriting of Paul McCartney from 1963. I'll tell you what I see here: a beautiful first name autograph of Paul McCartney from 1963. What do you think?

Views: 607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it does look like Paul's handwriting.

You could say it's both!!!

Its all Paul.

I really would like to hear your opinion: can it be referred to as a first name autograph? Imagine this: if I had shown you this piece of paper without the "to" and the "from" and leave the "Paul" alone, could anyone have told me that it's not a first name autograph?

I wouldn't cut it anymore then it already has been (sadly). As I said on fb, I would put a matte on top of the "To" and "From".

I don't know if I completely feel it is an autograph, only cause it was signed for another Paul, however it isn't like he signs the name any differently.

It stinks that it was cut to begin with, it at least still has a story to it that involved him signing for another Paul...Which is cool!

Adam, I agree it isn't like he signs the name any differently. Actually in 1963 when Paul signed in full name this is the way he used to write his first name in the autograph. I think the origianl owner cut this piece of paper from the original autograph because he probably also understood that he actually has two autographs and not one. I guess he wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

This is an authentic one of Paul taken in 1963 when he played a show at the Birmingham Town Hall here in my home town of Birmingham, UK. This was taken personally by a friend of mine backstage. The rest of this picture has George and Ringo's autograph too but not John has he turned up to the gig late. I do have some others from earlier in 1963 taken at the Plaza Ballroom which include John. So check this against yours. This one was personally collected and is 100% authentic. 

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Actually here is a second one I've got to hand from the Town Hall gig from the 4th June in 1963. Duane Eddy was supposed to be headlining this show but he pulled out so they shipped in Roy Orbison with The Beatles & Gerry and the Pacemakers much lower down on the bill. Only both bands suddenly had number one hits and the kids were going crazy for the tickets for these shows to see these two Liverpool bands so Roy Orbison was dropped to the third on the bill. Faced with screaming girls shouting for the Beatles as he got on stage for each show he kicked into singing a haunting version of "Only The Lonely" at each show and the audience fell silent. 

Attachments: No photo uploads here
I guess you could say it's a first name autograph, but as it says 'To' it is actually just the way he writes the name Paul. So he didn't write it with the intention of autographing it. It's just a coincidence the person he was writing to was also called Paul.

Out of interest, where is the rest of it?

I don't know where the rest of it is. I bought it this way.

If you look at my autographs then it looks like he writes the word Paul almost exactly how he autographs it. 

I agree with you. When he signed his full name in 1963 he wrote his first name in the autograph exactly like he wrote it in my piece of paper. As far as I'm concerned I have a first name autograph of Paul McCartney from 1963 and I'm very happy with it.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service