We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

I have an autographed guitar that I don't know who it is signed by. How can I use this site to determine who it is?

Views: 436

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

to be honest, i dont know, but it wold be hard to get it authenticated as its smudged and looks like there is no fluidity to it.

It's Jimmy Buffett now whether it's real or not is another story

im going with not authentic IMO.

Is this the Paul Fox that works for Phoenix International?

no, and ive never heard of phoenix international.

Thank you for your response Roger, at least I can look into getting a COA for it from this point.

Paul, the reason I asked about Phoenix, is because I knew a Paul Fox who used to deliver shipments to the warehouse I used to manage for St. Louis Music. This an Alvarez guitar, and the Artist relations department for SLM used to store all of their products in my warehouse. I didn't just buy this at a flea market, and scribble on it, like you seem to want to insinuate. I was given this guitar (among other things) by the Director of Artist Relations who I can no longer get ahold of, when the warehouse closed a few years back. And Jimmy Buffet WAS an Alvarez endorser. The fact that it has been sitting in my basement for 3 or more years in the case may be the reason for the smudges. I have no doubt that it is authentic, just didn't know who it was. If all you are going to offer is smugness and negativity, thanks for nothing.

to answer your points.

1) im from england not the usa.

2) i gave my opinion and even though its smudged, u can see obvious hesitations in the autograph and differences in the thickness of the pen,looks as if it been gone over twice. looks like there an original underneath thats faded and someone has gone over the top of it.

3) i can get technical and take this item to pieces letter by letter through analysis. and ive already spotted 3 fatal flaws thats shows its not a fluid signature and has been stopped and started as if its been copied. not saying that you have done this by all means. but s*** happens.

4) by rogers reply of "It's Jimmy Buffett now whether it's real or not is another story" sounds to me as if rogers doubting its authenticity. normally roger will say if its likey genuine if it is.

5) there was no smugness or negativity, if you dont like peoples opinions and dont like it because your not hearing what you want to hear then you need to get a grip and by the looks of it your looking for someone to just hand you a coa and you dont care if it reputable or not.

6) paint pens dont smudge unless the paint is fresh and they dry within  5 to 10 secs and you say the smudges are from the guitar sitting in ur basement, i really doubt it as the paint would have been dry and if anything was to catch the paint it would chip it.

7) i will say again IMHO i do not think its authentic, there are too many flaws for me to say it is authentic or put my name to it and stand by it and judging by authentic exemplars i have seen the guitar signature is way off.

I think someone traced over the original signature. that would explain the starts and stops and erratic flow of the paint pen.

Hi Tom,

I hate to say it, but i agree with Paul and the others. I dont know exactly what happened, if it was traced over, or exactly what, but i would say that on all probability its not authentic. Their may be an original signature underneath, but their are definite signs that it was not signed in a fluid motion, and that instead it was very slowly drawn with many hesitations. I have several Jimmy signatures in my collection that i was fortunate enough to get in person and they really arent much anything like this.

Its hard to say what the real story on it is, their may in fact be an interesting story as to why the signature was traced or put on the guitar, in whatever manner it was. But its my opinion that this isnt his signature in real form. The good news though may be that depending on the model of the guitar, you could wipe the paint pen clean and still have a great guitar, or sell it for some profit.

Good luck

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service