We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just received my first Autograph back. How does it look? 

Tags: Ian Mckellen, Lord of the Rings

Views: 1649

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also found a dealer who is meeting Orlando this weekend and is getting me a personal inscription. What are your thoughts on getting inscriptions? Bad idea?

Personally I love them.  As a fan, I tend to ask for them.  For resell value, it depends.  If they're adding a personalization (i.e. "To Dee), not so much.  If it's something witty, or a movie quote or song lyric, then it could make the item more interesting and desirable.  

great suggestion! Sadly this one will have my name on it but I don't intend on selling these. From now on i'll probably ask for a movie quote though! 

I like inscriptions.  I particularly like to have them inscribe a famous line that they delivered in a movie.

Gentle rub the area with a white art eraser (like a Staedler). It may remove the cloudy remnants of the blue ink.

Note: only do this if it is a real photo on photographic paper. If it is an inkjet print, don't mess with it or it may smear worse.

It is really glossy paper. I'll give it a try. 

I would leave it alone.  I left mine alone.  If you make it worse I will be sorry that I brought it to your attention.

Skyline often removes inscriptions. The fact that they get inscriptions in the first place could be why the autographs they get are always so damn nice, though.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service