We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Vikings Blood Legacy & Vikings Sword of Kings: Is PSA Quick Opinion virtually worthless for more experienced collectors?

I just received two "Likely Not Genuine" opinions on items that I am 99% sure are authentic. This came as a shock to me - both items are multi-signed items (10 and 4 signatures respectively) that have many spot-on signatures I am familiar with. The seller is also very reputable and works in official partnership with the studio (MGM) that employs the actors who signed the items (MGM even confirmed this partnership with me). I was hoping to use the QO to serve as the final "nail in the coffin", but apparently PSA QO thinks these are fakes. Should PSA's opinion simply be completely discarded in this situation?

Views: 770

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2020 we had Ozzy Osborne, Justin Bieber, Cardi B, T, Mariah Carey.  Some Dua Lipa's were ghost signed. PSA n4d my Lil Waynes.

+1 common enough practice

I changed the title of this Discussion to attract more people.

Thanks, and I really do appreciate your help and opinions.

No problem. Let's see what others say.

I do not have an opinion on the item, but I recommend ACOA quick opinion service for modern entertainment. I believe they are very accurate in entertainment.

https://www.autographcoa.com/

+1 Indeed, ACOA is a great suggestion. Many sets of eyes and not in a quick fashion.. Justin is great to work with.

Thanks for the tip! I'm trying to create an account on their site, but I 'm having issues. I'll request their fast opinion once I get this worked out.

Any more opinions on these?

Thanks for all of the replies on this thread. I'll be likely be sending in the comic books to the PSA next week. It's obviously going to be disappointing if they aren't certified, but I have no regrets about buying these given the information I had at the time. I am a huge collector of memorabilia specifically from this show, and these are truly one of a kind items.

I'd actually rather buy an item like this and have it fail authentication (and likely receive a refund), than pass on an item out of hesitation to see it get authenticated in someone else's collection. The customer service from VIP Fan Auctions is second to none. They literally refunded me $100 on shipping because they accidentally sent my order via UPS when I requested USPS. I'm confident they will do the right thing if these autographs turn out to be forgeries. I will definitely post an update to this thread when the results come in, but it probably won't be for another month or so.

I really suggest ACOA.

Is that because they are better with modern entertainment autographs? One thing I noticed about ACOA is that all the items come with a sticker on the item.  It's a bit of a turn off for me, especially on a condition sensitive item like comic book where the sticker might actually reduce the condition grade it would receive. I suppose there might be a way to request it to be left off, but I'm not aware of one at the moment,

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service