We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Here is a Lennon i purchased back in 1998. After a few years I began to doubt its authenticity. This one still gets me. Real or fake?!?!? I would love to say real, but I just cant pull the trigger! Tell me what you guys think.

Tags: authentic, autograph, fake, john, lennon, real

Views: 5775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good Going!

That's awesome news! I've been proven wrong again! This is so rushed. He spent maybe 5- 7 seconds on it. He must have been like a machine signing for so many fans waiting outside of the radio station.

Look at this John Lennon autograph. Came from a Canadian Beatles autograph collectors estate. All of the collection was pre 1965 apart from this solo John Lennon autograph. All of the collections Beatles autographs were authentic. This was the odd one out and was said to have been signed at the WFIL radio station in 1975. What do you think? The postcard picture is a small 3" by 4" and would have been difficult to hold when signing. 

wow spaceman, i know john signed many auto's that weekend, and many were rushed, but i can't see anything that looks like john signed this. i don't think he signed it. just my first thought.

very hard to say it is good unless it was witnessed by the person who got it signed, and then only they would know.

The "o" in John looks fake.

The n in Lennon looks off.

I would be very surprised if this is authentic. The "JO" and "E" look way off to me.

I don't see anything Lennon about it, except arguably the "o".

You can see the dilemma. I have asked myself. Why would a serious Beatles autograph collector have this in his collection. No collector would risk seriously buying it because it does not fit what they get told is a genuine John Lennon autograph. But know forger would seriously try to sell it, as a genuine John Lennon autograph. This should generate some good discussion.  

that is a good question. it does not make sense to have this in a collection unless you witnessed the signing. plus in 1975 not even johns auto was worth anything except to the fan that got it signed.

We can all say the O looks OK but the E is not right. But John never ever focussed on making his solo autograph perfect. They were nearly always similar for that time. I think the key here is the actual size of the photo it is quite small. I have tried to write my signature holding a similar sized piece of card and my autograph is very different. I believe John has been standing or walking  when has signed it.     

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service