We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

To me this looks good but I would like to get other opinions. 

Views: 3898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats just crazy

The listing is brief but it does seem to be in the right category and contain all the key words. The major oddity is the listing duration. Who in their right mind lists something for a day? May as well use a deep discounted Buy-It-Now price if desperate for cash. No chance of it having been stolen in the post I guess? If so, the seller is an idiot for using such a trackable way of selling. 

Thanks, Ballroom.

His completed listings also show he sold another item three times ,same item three sales all for well over $1000  

This is the seller you bought it from for $101?

I just looked at both listings Ballroom posted. Were you one of the bidders when Memorabilia Vault listed it, Gio?

Did you mention that before? I can't find it here. Where did you drop out price wise?

OK. So you are probably related to the bidder who won it at Memorabilia Vault and dropped out but gave them positive feedback. Am I on the right track?

For the future, Gio, seemingly small details like that are actually important. And they damage trust and confidence in a member when they come out.

I can't speak for others but I'm not going to hang you from the yardarm over this. But I think we all would appreciate the full story.

This all sounds very fishy to me. Why say you maxed out at $930 when you actually won it at that figure?

Why back out of the purchase on ebay? Not a very honourable thing to do. People who do that are not only putting potential sellers off listing interesting items but also pushing the price up for real bidders. I assume the underbidder in this case paid more than he would have done had you not been around.

I am still totally puzzled as to why the underbidder would risk listing the item for 99 cents on a one day auction with no reserve having just paid many hundreds of dollars for it.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if you were somehow involved in the second listing and ended up having to buy it back yourself. Maybe you were hoping for offers from members of this forum?

Obviously many people have been spending a lot of time on this and your lack of openess is irksome to say the least. 

Several posts in this thread have become humorous in retrospect.

Eric

Thanks for explaining things, Gio. Why did they leave you positive if you backed out? Strange.

The underbidder sure looks like a shill bidder to me. And that they sold you the Lennon for $101 tells me that it's not one you could ever sell with clean hands without telling potential buyers the entire story.

I would take the money and run

RSS

Members

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service