We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

JSA is passing fake autographs by the hundreds for eBay seller dirty_water_ink

musicandmore-nyc and gothamcitygraphs 

Study these autographs protect yourself!!

I came across these two sites while searching eBay. Not a single item is authentic, I am almost sure that this is the same forgery ring that circulated the mass amount of forgeries that GAI was passing 1-2 years back, you may be familiar with the eBay name dirty_water_ink, well I am no professional but I can say that I fell victim to a forgery sold by that seller and since then I dedicated some of my free time to study the forgeries they were producing to protect myself (even after they changed their user I.D. to hide) probably more than anyone I know, and I am 100% sure that this is dirty_water_ink, only this time JSA is passing the items!!!!!!! Shame on you JSA. I guess it is true what they say about the company being ran by children! 

How can JSA be considered more credible than GAI if they are passing the same forgeries that GAI stopped passing?

Views: 17795

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you, Pete. I don't think they're even close.

Hi Steve,

If it's any help, I personally obtained this Roger Waters autograph myself on July14, 2012 when Roger arrived for his concert at Citizens Bank Park. 

I bought the poster the week before at the Yankee Stadium concert so I figured I would try to get it signed in Philly. Roger lined everyone up who was waiting and signed 1 item per person. The Waters autographs that were questioned earlier on this thread look very similar to what he signed for me. While I'm not an expert, I believe the Roger Waters autographs that both sellers have listed are authentic. 

Dustin

I`m no expert but comparing your autograph Dustin to those in question I see plenty of differences. 

Especially in Waters.  I mean I only looked for five minutes and all the ones in question look similar to each other. 

Yours IMO is no comparison to those in question. 

Which from the way it has been sounding that is a good thing right....

I tend to agree with Erich, I dont see that they are way off but are different. Dustins sig has flow the others are more like copies.

Thanks, Dustin. Yours looks spot-on. 

1,000 certed forgeries just from what were looking at. The number is far higher then that. JSA has a ton of bad entertainment and music items out there besides what this seller has. Example: I don't think they have  ever gotten a Scarlett Johansson signature right. The ones on EBAY with their authentication are bad. I've always thought they were overrated.

I looked at the musicandmore-nyc inventory on Ebay and in my opinion the David Coverdale, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, Willie Nelson and Jackson Browne autographs are not genuine. So this looks like a bigger issue than just a few mistakes. Or can it be that all the JSA's Basic Certs are fake? Or real Basic Certs that's been used for fake autographs?

This might just be the beginning.

The Billy Idol signed LPs don't look authentic to me either

Billy Idol signed "White Wedding" lp vinyl 12" album COA JSA K42490

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271470716027

Billy Idol signed "Don't need a gun" lp vinyl 12" album COA JSA K42489

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271470713416

The items being sold by this guy are an absolute joke. 

This Russell Wilson football is clearly fake, with a fake inscription. 
Russell Wilson

This Miguel Cabrera is very bad. 

Miguel Cabrera 
Another Miguel Cabrera
Another Miguel Cabrera
Another Miguel Cabrera
Wow Another Miguel Cabrera
Holy Cow Another Miguel Cabrera

I could keep listing Miguel Cabreras but I think the picture is clear.  All told gothamcitygraphs has 10 for sale with JSA LOAs, all with the same style autograph.  Now, it's not impossible to have quantity if someone does a private signing, so did these guys do a private signing with Miguel Cabrera, and more importantly, did he change his autograph for them at that private signing, and then subsequently revert to his correct autograph post-signing?  Because that's the only way those could be real.

I'm no expert on Tanaka, but I heard he has not signed since being in America.   I heard he never signed in Japan before either.  He's one of the rarest autographs in Major League Baseball.  But this guy has 9 available.  That wasn't a typo, he has 9 of them.  So, does he personally know Miguel Cabrera and Masahiro Tanaka?  That is the only implausable way I could conceivable imagine that he could obtain so many of a near impossible player.  On multiple jerseys!!!!

This Jameis Winston autograph is one of the worst I've ever seen.  Not to mention he has changed his autograph significantly. Jameis Winston

I'm not able to do so at the moment, but if someone else with a free 30-40 minutes could go through and save all of these pictures that I've linked and post them up, that would be helpful if these guys decide to take them down.

I noticed the nine (9) Tanaka "autographs" last night.

And the "Private" feedback.

Tanaka signed at the Yankee luncheon in tampa (tickets are a little pricey to that)  . I don't do sports autographs anymore , but I did hear he signed there . I did do Japan in all the wbcs and Tanaka back in 2009 and 2012 was very easy to get. I have heard he is hard here and also hear baseball players are very difficult to get in japan. Here are some Tanakas  I got and one that is 100% authentic from the yankee luncheon . Hope it helps . I also went to get him at usc when he was still in high school . The guy was very nice. He signed everything . My friend got a ton of items signed by him .

Btw Bruce , I was not disputing your case that Tanaka is hard by showing this . I was just giving some examples to help you guys out . I have heard he was very very hard once he was in the usa this year.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service