We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/124/

They have at least 100 Michael Jackson signed items -- how many are good (if any?)

Views: 3240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my first QUESTIONABLE signature for the upcoming auction.  In my opinion, it is a fake.

LOT 70:  MICHAEL JACKSON SIGNED REPLICA THRILLER JACKET

The image to the left is stated to have been signed by Michael backstage in 1988 on a replica Thriller jacket.  Hmmm...he seemed to have a lot of time and focused energy to sign this ever so slowly, even at times, going back on parts of his signature to make them just right!  Just look at the word Love to know what I mean.

The authentic examples of signed jackets are usually rushed, aren't they?

Well let's just assume this has the potential to be authentic.  I went to Google image and searched for Michael Jackson signature.  And I found the following 2 images.  Look too familiar?  I personally believe that this was a poorly attempted/forgery that wasd meant to duplicate a much more cleaner and authentic version of Michael's signature.  It was made as a decal after all, available via ebay.  What are your thoughts?

Hi Prashant, I agree. It is very fake. There are many similar autos to that one in the upcoming Julien's auction. Roger is right, let the buyer beware. Julien's is in business to make money. Bidders should do their due diligence to make sure the MJ auto they are bidding on is authentic.

Just note that they CLEARLY state on the bid page that you are buying at your own risk and they have no guarantees of authenticity on any of their items being sold.  The Elvis at the top of this blog is a perfect example that they don't do any research or work to authenticate their autographs.  This image is a MASS PRODUCED letterpress stamped signature that has appeared on thousands of photographs 5x7 and 8x10 that were passed out through the years.  The most rookie authenticator would know this.

They used to offer a 5 year guarantee of authenticity.

Julien's is acknowledging that they do not verify the items they auction.

Any chance you could give your opinion on which MJ items are "good?"

I was giving Julien's the benefit of the doubt. I was sure there had to be at least 2 or 3 authentic MJ autos in the auction. But I don't see a single authentic MJ auto in the entire lot. Of course, I'm no expert.

Do they literally say that they don't verify the items they auction? I missed that, if so. That would be surprising.

I think their Elvis signed album of juke box favorites look legit but its a wacky way of doing business with that buy at your own risk  statement.  does not exactly ooze confidence.

I read the terms of sale, just to make sure and you are right, Roger. They no longer offer a guarantee of authenticity. It used to be 5 years.

They also added a "I have read the conditions" before you can even open their catalogs (If I remember right it says not being able to use their photos and such).  This all happened in the very next auction after the Bush thread.

I think this item is real, but still dont like their policy:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service