We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Lennon/Ono signed grapefruit book on Dec 8th 1980.Hours before he was killed.

I was offered a chance to buy this signed Grapefruit book last week,It was signed for Laurie Kaye who was part of the RKO radio team that interviewed the Lennons on the afternoon of Dec 8th 1980(hours before his death).It also comes with a copy of a photo that was taken with Laurie and the Lennons on that afternoon.Sorry about the blurry photo.Asking price was 33k.I passed on it a week ago ,I do want to go back to him with a counter offer.what do u guys think it is worth.any thoughts would be appreciated.thx in advance.

Views: 2398

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Ching?

was wondering that too. At one time I had a double fantasy lennon signed that day

but I can't remember what I bought and sold if for. I will check my records soon but it was no where near that price.

I do have a lennon typed and hand written letter (although not signed) to george martin where he clarified who wrote various beatles songs. I paid $7,000 for it maybe 10 years ago and I feel it is worth more than his last signed piece,  the signed Grapefruit because it addresses beatles songs

Thanks Eric,he told me that he is in need of cash and he is reluctantly selling it.As for the number 33k that he wants.i have no clue how he came to that figure.I think I insulted him with my offer.He was nice about it but he was very stern with his 33k.I could here it in his voice.No wiggle room what so ever.Its a shame.I was prepared to go to 23-24k .33k puts it in another tax bracket so to speak.
I'm sorry to read that. I think $20K was a fair offer. At that price, I'd be considering some of the fully-signed Beatles items I could have instead.
I agree.20k was a fair price.33k is a different story.it is special though.then again,so is 33k.

I don't think anyone will pay him 33 grand for the book.  For around 22-30 grand you can get a really nice fully signed Beatles Album which I think is far more desirable and will appreciate more in value over the years. 

It is really a nice item for so many reasons. I think a $20k offer is a lot but for an item of this rarity the seller is going to really push the boundaries. So the question is what happens after $33k. I don't think anyone will lose money on this item so who will be first in to set the price for items signed the last day of John's life. Once its gone it's gone.

I was going to say "what or when".

I think at 33k,it's gonna be a while before it sells.It's a shame he wouldn't budge.
Yes it's the nature of the beast. Usually your first offer is your best offer and it's not worth anything until someone wants to buy it.

Paul, he may be back to you. I doubt he will get that price.  I believe your offer was very fair.  Let's see what happens, but I agree with the others here. While that item would be highly desirable, you do start thinking about complete beatles items you could purchase with that money.

That would be great if it finds a home with Paul - it is a super item!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service