We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100891

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well it has certainly served to confuse the hell out of me!

But these have no i's at all, and they upstroke into the M, where yours downstroke. The other ones that are in this mess of drawings that have i's in them don't look yours either?  (The ones with i's remind me of someone who is drawing the name, because it looks done by a weak arm, or like a wimp wrote them lol)--I can't think of a better explanation.

You know how you get after you see something so many times after looking at it (like I can pick Erick out easily now, just with a glance)... well I see these that way now too, easily seen - but I'm not seeing it in your examples.  I'm being honest :)  I just don't see the resemblances.   But if you think there might be something there by all means follow up on it.  I sent you a private PM a few weeks ago to let you know I'd share with you what I have - never heard from you so I didn't bug ya.   If you have more samples - I'd love to see them, maybe I'll see something on more than just the 3/4 you sent?

-w

What bothers me the most right now, is that MV is continuing to sell items from this source.  The notes to Bob are still up and they came from the same writer - there is no doubt in my mind on this.  They also have the Washington and Mickey Mouse both in the upper 20K price range for sale on eBay yet. 

They want to claim they are the true victims in all of this.  I'm sorry, but if you want any of us to feel bad for you at all, pull down the items you still have up!  Why would you put that stuff on someone else?  

What also bothered me was the GREAT LENGTH they went to sell themselves in the Erick thread about how they have seen 100's 1000's of true MJ artwork up close and personal and had the experience in knowing his drawing styles (copying styles??), and basically we knew nothing.   I didn't say anything at the time but I should have popped on that one - because just months earlier I had them pull some Erick artwork down- which is poor artwork and nothing like Michaels.

I have been working on this since last Summer.... the minute I saw the Younger and Older Elizabeth drawings, and an older Mickey Mouse drawing,  my comment to another person who buys these things was that they are not any good, and they looked horribly traced. He wrote to them to double check.  They wrote back immediately stating they were 100% positive these were the real deal and good, coming right from Corey and sent him a note from Corey.  Of course with that said I couldn't refute it at the time (maybe it was a one or two time glitch?), but when more and more kept coming you bet I'm gonna finally say something.

I also don't think they were blameless in this.  Because that trophy letter is also the same writer.  So where did that come from?  They have 3 different things coming in from seemingly 3 different sources with the same writing... or is it all from one source and they just don't want to take down the things they could still get by with?  

Sorry to vent, I usually don't go off on things like this but its very irritating. 

Personally Mike I believe these are coming from a set of guys in Sweden/Denmark area, and someone in Canada does the awards and plaques.  I rec'd a phone call from the Plaque guy (yup tracked me down and called my house) basically saying he had a lawyer dig up all my criminal history (was this a threat?)--the only thing it did was get my adrenaline flowing pretty good - especially since I have no record.  So the fact that I was threatened by one of these people already says I'm pointing in the right direction.  I did take the time to listen to him as he basically begged me to not hang up.  His words meant basically nothing because I spoke to the people he had scammed several years earlier - and he threatened them in the same manner as he did to me.  Hm.

Anyway, I would love to get some of this stuff sent directly to me Michael.  I will send you my personal email address via pm.  I do think since I've been on this since last Summer it would be nice to include me on what avenue your looking at.  And I can share some of the things I've been made aware of.

-w

Great work Wascher and you know they are running scared when they call you up out of the blue and start the threats. I've experienced this a few times when taking down scammers this side of the world and although a little scary it makes you more determined to see things through so keep doing the great work.

Mem Vault are to me based on all the evidence you've shown clearly so caught up in this they cannot claim to be blameless or victims. They have profited to the tens of thousands and probably even many times more than that through continually selling fake after fake.

I can only wonder how many more fakes supposedly signed by MJ are going to now come onto the market soon or in the coming months that will be sold by Mem Vault and no doubt other sellers on eBay and other sites ripping off people.

My gut feeling is that many of the future items we will see will copy COA's already given to try to claim they are real. We will also I believe see many more people sign up on here from Sweden etc claiming to be collectors who will then defend Mem Vault and the forgeries and try to tarnish the reputation of this site and the work you have done Wascher.

I only hope that you keep going and soon sites such as eBay will start to see the work you've done and stop sellers such as Mem Vault getting away with selling more forgeries

Sent to me by someone following this thread closely.

http://www.thememorabiliavault.com/MICHAEL-JACKSON-SIGNED-BAD-PHOTO...

-w

Speaking of artwork and Memorabilia Vault, I wonder if the "CHILDHOOD DRAWING BY THE GREAT ACTOR PRODUCER ROBERT DE NIRO WHICH DEPICTS THE FACE OF A MAN WITH A DOGS MOUTH" is authentic.

I don't know anything about any other auto's so I would be of any help on it. 

I really wasn't expecting any responses. My point is that once a company or individual sells questionable items it brings into question all of their items (to me at least). Trust is a hard thing to get back once broken.

Mark my words and Mark them well, Steve has been the Hidden Light in helping 80% of this hobby that we love and Cherish.

With The True Troops And Helpers

Thanks for the kind words, John. I'm very proud of what we do here. The emphasis is on We.

Where is Epperson?

Alright, hi everyone,

Took me quite a while to read the 30 pages of research on these drawings, and signatures on this thread.

Back in 2012 I wanted to point out that a parallel business of fake Michael Jackson memorabilia was going on… It has been on for years, but now it becomes crazy.

Actually now it’s all about faking COAs, LOAs, and made up provenance stories! How insane is this…!?

I have written an extensive post in 2012 that was kindly found by a moderator from here. My post was on this forum, but was actually REMOVED.

Here’s the link, and please, ALL OF YOU here read it!

JASON MAKRIS FAKE MJ AUTOGRAPHS WORN ITEMS JAYSTER321

All I wrote is the truth, it’s about JASON MAKRIS, a Canadian seller mentioned by Wascher in one of her latest post here, who sells forgeries to many fans and collectors. He is actually quite good in faking things, but always do tiny mistakes that showed me he is a real fake. He sells privately and on eBay under JAYSTER321.

The MJ American Music Awards mentioned before are from him.

Anyway, my point is, we are actually seeing these forgeries in real huge auction house! Which means these guys have polluted the world of MJ memorabilia with fake stuff. It’s worse than the Michael Bush story who faked MJ’s signature on REAL outfits just to raise their value.

I have a few autographs that Makris did himself that I will post here.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service