We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 101894

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

unitedpapercollectors_9 is apparently offering another ex-Simon Parr 'MJ drawing' for sale.  This  one (Bugs Bunny) is noted on Invaluable auctions to have been 'sold' as Lot 265 on 4 Dec 2015, but no selling price is documented.  Items 'sold' on Simon Parr auctions have previously been seen to resurface for sale at a later date, from the same seller.

unitedpapercollectors_9 is now offering the same Bugs Bunny sketch for $4995 on ebay.com.  A coa is mentioned but not shown.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-jackson-original-signed-drawing-of-...

Michael jackson original signed drawing of Bugs Bunny

Original signed drawing, in either charcoal or colored pencils, of Bugs Bunny by Michael Jackson.  On sturdy paper, approximate size 12 in x 18 in.  Comes with COA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

united papercollectors_9 also has an 'mj signed' Mickey Mouse drawing on offer at $2500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-jackson-original-signed-sketch-of-M...

Michael jackson original signed sketch of Mickey Mouse

Original Sharpie signature and drawing of Mickey mouse by Michael Jackson.  On paper size approximately 8 1/2 x 11 1/2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, unitedpapercollectors_9 is offering a 'Disney' signed Mickey mouse sketch for $7500 which appears to be Lot 54 from 19 Dec 15 offered by Simon Parr auctions. This item is documented on Invaluable as sold with no price given.   A coa is again mentioned on ebay com but not shown.

Original Mickey Mouse drawing and autograph by Walt Disney

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Mickey-Mouse-drawing-and-autograph...

Rare original pencil sketch drawing of Mickey Mouse by Walt Disney on a piece of paper, approximate size 5 1/2in x 7 in.  In excellent condition.  Comes with COA.

Again, to be clear, are you saying that the drawings herein ,offered for sale by United Paper Collectors, are forgeries?

Lizzie is giving her opinion.

What is her expertise that she should go against that of a trained Document Examiner?

This is a free country, and she can give her opinion. And frankly, when it comes to Michael Jackson autographs, I would trust Lizzie's opinion over any trained "document examiner" that I am aware of who offers authentication letters.

I was asking if, in her opinion, she thought that the items she displayed herein being sold by United Paper Collectors were fakes?  It is unclear to me that is what she believed or not.  Is she your alter ego?  Can you and she stand in a room at the same time?  Please clarify her position.  Also, I did not get an answer, what is her expertise, just a collector or a trained expert in the field of handwriting authentication?  Can she testify in court as an expert witness, as can a Document Examiner?

I noticed your in CO, are these your items? 

Relevance, please?

Hi Mack,

Do you think they are genuine? Which/why?

Yes, I do.  They have been examined by real experts and not just "long-time collectors" with no more expertise than anyone else.  Just because you have been collecting and studying autographs for a long time does not make one an expert.  This can be hurtful to people who are trying to make a profit via an honest auction house and has genuine COA's to back them up.  Remember, even PSA and Beckett have a checkered past and do not have any trained experts there either!

Hello Mack.  I could certainly stand in a room next to Mr Cyrkin if I took a transatlantic flight!  I do believe that all three of the drawings in  my latest post were fakes.  I have been a long-time collector and fan, and also follow the history of 'MJ' drawings as they travel around the world, from salerooms to ebay.  There has been much discussion in this 95-page thread and other related threads about reasons why particular drawings are felt to be genuine (or not), and I stand by all comments made by me in these discussions.    As you will know from the mainstream art market, all 'newly discovered' art (especially that discovered after the death of an artist) can be held up for discussion as to whether it is genuinely a creation of the 'signed' artist or not.   In the mainstream art market, art will be considered by experts who will evaluate the media used (canvas / paper, paints / inks) and authentication decisions are usually made 'by committee'.   Since the value of genuine artworks by Michael is high (and likely to rise), I believe that open discussion is valuable, until such time as an 'authentication committee' can be established.

Why did you not respond in the first place?  You still did not answer what your training is that gives you the expertise to upstage a recognized documents examiner. Being a "longtime collector and Just "following sales" does not make you an expert!  Just I'm still waiting...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service