We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Michael Jackson drawings (Miscell inc. 'Historic portraits' and 'Disney characters')

I'm noticing a sudden influx of MJ signed Michael Jackson drawings coming on to the auction market, which seem to share the common themes of either 'portraits of historical figures'  or 'Disney characters'.

Both of these themes are of course recognised from Michaels' drawings both at a young age and later in life, but it is interesting that so many new drawings are being released on to the market at the same time. 

Here are some current examples:

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/32578267_collection-of-art-by-m...

Tags: Michael, disney, forgery, jackson, parr, portraits

Views: 100942

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mark...I accumulated a lot of evidence and Jason Makris made 100s of these signed drawings in Canada. Some in markers some in crayons some in charcoal.. they began to flood the market a few years ago. It is a huge mess that has infiltrared and ended up with these desperate auction houses including Simon Parr. Just ask around and it will confirm what I am saying.

Jason sold a whole bunch of fake MJ merchandise years ago. He alone has flooded the market of hundreds of fake MJ items. It's sickening.

Were they sold with COA's If so, by whom?  Parr sold them with papers from a now defunct company, Signatories.  I wonder if he just discarded the old ones and colluded with Salmon to supply his fake papers?

Yes...fake COA from Corey Feldman and Roger Epperson was duped and signed COAs for a large number of these drawings.

Mack,

It's hard to tell who supplies whom unless they tell you, but you often can tell the characteristics of a particular forger.

Best we can tell, Prashant is right about the source of this style of forgery. Jason Makris appears to be closely involved, if not ground zero.

Prashant learned the hard way, and he's trying to help collectors protect themselves. 

As for Simon Parr: From what I've seen and experienced, I would stay far, far away from anything connected to him.

Steve...I have zero doubt that Jason is ground zero. Zero. There is a whole trail that comes from him.
Mack, Steve and the forum...

Remember the Memorabilia Vault based out of New York? They literally had over 400 of these drawings...think about it..400???? Do you think Michael Jackson had all this time in the world to sit down and draw these with a bunch of charcoal markers and crayons???? Just look at them...they virtually all come from the same hand and that is Jason Makris.

The Memorabilia Vault (New York) tried to sell them not only online via their website and eBay but privately to another collector/investor in Canada.
He offered the entire bogus collection for like 500k.
One in particular a George Washington charcoal was up for sale like I think was 40k. That is when a well known artist whom knew Michael personally...Brett? Anyways he came out on Facebook to warn of the fake drawings flooding the market.

It was amazing to see all 400 of them all in an email and my cell phone. Surreal. When the Memorabilia Vault couldn't sell them they began to show up on Simon Parr auction, various bogus auctions in Europe and the United States. At one Point about 30 of them were offered on Gotta Have It...yes you guessed it New York!

Did the Memorabilia Vault offer them with papers or not?  Is there a link to their offering or is that not now available?

Mack...they are long gone since I called them and Jason out on the forum and via email.

I can assure you that they are behind this Mack. And Jason was the one who started it.

Just look at this posting and watch they were offering at the time. Look at those drawings! .and the fake glove and the fake AMA award. All of these came from Jason.
Mostly with papers, as I recall.
Prashant,

Yes… I remember them all too well. Forgery after forgery after forgery. Fake awards, all sorts of things. A massive scam.

I don't know for sure that Jason Makris was the forger, perhaps you and Wascher do, but I definitely agree he was the source.
Steve...I can guarantee you it was Jason. I have emails that prove I caught him in this scheme.

And before this massive flooding of drawings...Jason Makris sold hundreds of fake MJ worn memorabilia. He sold a massive amount to a collector in Europe...I think his name is Richard Fossas. And now he is dumping it all on his eBay account. I am telling you...Jason alone has created a large pool of these MJ bogus items. It truly is disgusting and surreal.at the same time.

Prashant I noticed Jason took his eBay down (more than likely created a new account).  He had changed his name a few times but now its gone completely. 

People like him and Parr don't go away, they just hide or mask themselves

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service