We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How do people feel about the new Global Authentics (GA)?   They approved this Michael Jackson "Thriller" album.  Thanks for your thoughts on this matter.

Views: 2771

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got Jackson many times inperson and they look nearly identical to the ones above.  Is this site now going after authentic Jacksons?

Monty,

Nobody is going after anyone or anything, as I said originally this discussion is strictly going to be for educational purposes. Are you saying that you physically obtained Michael Jackson's autograph in person and it looks exactly like those posted? If so would you please share a few examples and if possible tell us where and about what year they were obtained. This could be a tremendous help to this discussion and to other collectors.

Monty,

Are any of the inperson Michael Jackson autographs you obtained for sale?

Please contact me.

Thanks!

I agree with you Steve, they just look too much like each other.

Ok. I've been looking these over and I've been doing some research and here we go. The one from GAI looks quite a bit different than the examples Mike Frost posted. But the one's Mike Frost posted look extremely similar to the ones below. 

These first 2 belong to me and have been authenticated by Roger Epperson.

This next one has been authenticated by PSA. And is currently on ebay. Click to see.

And this last one has been authenticated by JSA. It sold on American Memorabilia.com. Click to see.

So, is every single authentication company wrong? If they are, I think it's time for me to hang up my collecting hat and retire.

Travis,
I would like to thank you for your input and please do not retire, I promise things are going to become much better for collectors. The examples that you have just posted I believe are 100% Authentic. They do not match the pattern nor the examples I have posted nor the "Thriller" signed album. Please examine the signatures a little closer and you will see a totally different ( J ) ,the height of the letters and the angle of the letters are different and are consistent with authentic Jackson signatures. Please go back to the examples I have posted and the "Thriller" signed album with a ruler. Place the ruler over the 3 highest points on the signature and see how close to a straight line you will get. Please check all of the examples posted and comment.
Thank you 

Brilliant eye there Mike!

And Travis, I do agree with Mike...your samples are authentic. 

Sometimes the tops were different heights, sometimes they were the same.  He did both. If you use a ruler on the real ones below you get a straight line too.

Monty,

Compare the speed, hooks and pen lifting in most of yours to the ones Mike Frost posted, and the one at the top of the discussion. Yours look more natural to me. And not uncannily similar like the ones in question.

More often than not, it seems like the M doesn't extend above the J when Jackson was trying to avoid signing on or too close to his face. Just a tendency.

Monty,
Thank you very much for your exemplars and your participation in this discussion. Do you feel the signature on the 'Thriller" album is authentic? What are your feelings on the 3 examples I have posted. Are the signed photos you have posted obtained in-person? Did you witness Michael Jackson signed each of your posted examples? If so would it possible, and this would be a tremendous help to let me know the dates and places these signatures were obtained. If you do not save the dates, the year and place would be great, also in particular if any were signed at the same time period, date and place. I am assuming that these 2 photos were signed at the same venue and time.

I was mostly joking about retirement. And yes, I can easily see the difference in the "J". But the overall size, and style of the autographs are what I'm mainly talking about. I never said identical, but extremely similar to the ones I posted. You are much more adept at autographs than I am, but as far as a quick once over, they look a lot alike. And when you look at the ones Monty posted below you can see that the height of the "J" and "N" are really not that important unless they start getting taller than the "M", in my opinion. 

And as I said in my other comment, none of them look very much like the GAI version from the original post. But I'm not saying the GAI one is fake, I just don't like it very much. Mainly, I don't like the large space in the middle of the autograph where the circular "L" is. Just looks funky.

These are all real Travis.  I've never seen a One Day In Your Life signed album.  Very good.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service