We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

On December 2, Julien's Auctions is selling The Collection of Tompkins and Bush. The collection contains 465 lots of Michael Jackson memorabilia, 287 of them autographed.

Michael Bush and the late Dennis Tompkins were Michael Jackson's costume designers for 25 years, during Jackson's most successful period. They were the consignors of the signed Thriller jacket that Julien's sold for $1,800,000 in June 2011.

Almost all of the autographs in the Tompkins and Bush sale are a variation I'm not familiar with. I've only been looking at Jackson's autograph for a few years, though, and we have members here who have collected him for decades, so I'd appreciate your input and exemplars.

If you know Michael Jackson's autograph well, please look at a few images below from the auction and let me know what you think. Even better, browse the auction and upload any similar examples you have: http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/77/

Julien's is the world's premier auction house for Michael Jackson memorabilia, so they would know his autograph better than most of us. I'm just surprised I haven't seen this style before.

Thanks for your help.

Tags: 2012, Julien's, auction, michael jackson, tompkins and bush

Views: 130117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Prashant Kaushik : Contrary, I think that it is false ...This signature is rough, poorly finished, written with hesitation...

Hi Manu, glad to see you here. Yes MLB and Karen both were out of the picture until This Is It were underway. I just want Karen to confirm MJ never went to Bush's houses after Kleins during This Is It since that is when these forgeries are meant to be done. As much as I dislike spme actions on her part too, she can be helpful on some things...

I wonder if she would agree to give her opinion about the autographs...

Who knows her enough to ask her by email what she thinks of the signatures?

Hi Sandy! I realised on my own about the autographs as soon as i looked at them... 

I don't think Karen will help you on this because she wasn't sticking to bush's ass all the time. 

As for her opinion, how does this matter? we all know those are fake autographs. 

Cascios made millions with fake songs, now we have bush. It really sucks, he was one of those very last one left I admired.

Face, I messages her on Twitter, I don't have her personal email. Feel free to do the same!

I can give you her personal email, but the point is not to harass her lol. What we need is her personal opinion and the details we all know from her time with MJ when MJ lived at Carolwood... And if she can confirm that Michael never went to Bush's home during that time.

Manu, are you up for it...?

Manu, we want confirmation from someone other than fans (since Julien's doesn't listen to us) that MJ never stayed at Bush's house to "recover" from Kleins. This is not her opinion, it is a fact or not. It is important since this is when Julien's have said the autographs were done.
Don't be too defeated yet, it is not yet a lost cause like the Cascio tracks (if so why are we even here discussing).

don't worry Sandy I'm not defeated, I just think Karen's opinion won't be valuable, she will say I was not with Bush and MJ all the time, which is understable. 

The bottom line is also how and why Bush made mj signed all of this (specially if mj was under medical treatment). In this case (that i don't believe true either) it's a very questionable attitude...

yeah bad if bush did so.  But it also seems that MJ was a workaholic-knowing he had to do this, do you think it is possible he would do this project when he did by his own decision? I can see him doing something like this under recovery although this case doesnt fit the bill 

A lot of the autographs are dated in the 80s and 90s. Was he seeing Klein back then?

Yes he was seeing Klein back then. So you mean they are saying these were signed long ago when he was staying with them. I dont believe it but harder to prove. 

Darren didn't say when they were signed.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service