We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can give me some advice.  I have just returned to the UK from Vegas and whilst there purchased what I thought was a signed and framed Michael Jackson Thriller Album.  I bought this from the Art of Music store near the Mandalay Bay.  I have since had a few doubts in mind whether or not I think this could be genuine.

Any advice opinions on what to do would be much appreciated whilst I still may have an opportunity to cancel the order as it hasn't been shipped yet.

Thanks

Andrea

Views: 1200

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Couldn't find it online but I'm sure you'll be right.

See attached photo now???

My gutt instinct is telling me its not right but just wanted others opinions

Attachments: No photo uploads here

I hope you paid with a credit card!! Get your money back!!!!!

Thanks and i fell for it!! So annoyed!!!

Hope you get your $$ back - would be curious to see if they took care of you.

Mark

Here we have a signed Elvis Presley Microphone..  $12,500.00

http://www.artofmusiclv.com/Products/CO7316/

LOL!!!

Looks to be signed with a Sharpie and the microphone is from Radio Shack!!! 

Mark

Yeah, with the marked up prices for the Aaron Rodgers items, you'd think they might be real.  I guess they figure there's a better profit to be made on pure junk.  What a dirty company.

I'm not sure how much you paid but I'm sure its in the thousands. Although you deserve 100% back, 85% isn't bad. When most people get burned on fake autographs (even myself) we usually get 0% back. 

Yeah I was probably wrong saying that. It's just that usually when I get burned it's in a private deal and I can't do much about it and lose all my money. If someone were to offer me back 85% I'd gladly take it haha. 

There are a lot of forgeries being sold worldwide - the problem isn't limited to just the US, I assure you.  There are actually just as many problems in the UK, believe it or not.

I think the problem with autographs is that even people who want to do the right thing (i.e. law enforcement) are sort of stuck trying to figure out who to believe.  Can you contact the Better Business Bureau?  They might be able to assist.

I've said before, I wish the sale of legal sale of autographs (i.e. through stores such as this) be monopolized by a reliable company (or a few together.)  

Then you have the same problem that "legit" companies such as PSA and JSA have stuck us with:  "If we say it's real, it is."  Even when it's clearly fake.

The other problem is that such a design would kill the hobby a whole other way - now there's only one place to but/sell autographs, meaning even rare items can only be sold for rock bottom prices while everything they sell you is marked up infinitely.  Personally, I like having the ability to get authentic items at decent prices.

That's true, but I was thinking of companies like Steiner and UD that contract athletes. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service