We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

NEED THOUGHTS - PAAS\Mike Frost joins with Ali's ex wife to authenticate Ali autos

Guys I just found this. I want to know your thoughts on it.
Mike frost and PAAS have signed a deal with muhammad Ali's ex wife Khalilah Ali to authenticate his autographs.

I wanna know what everyone thinks about it

http://pressitt.com/newsroom/PAAS/smnr/Khalilah-Ali-Former-wife-of-...

Views: 7820

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The golden gloves are 100% fake but that is just my opinion
I agree with you AC
AC - the glove is no longer in the PAAS database....lol
AC check this "Ali" out. To me it looks like the same style on the glove
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271842...

Both fake in my opinion

I love how Mike Frost comes in here with all his condescending answers and doesn't even bother to read half of the questions in their entirety.  Good stuff.  He must be too swamped with all those Ali authentications he hasn't done yet.

On a serious note, I thought it was pretty well known that Khalilah signed secretarial autographs for Mr. Ali and provided her own COA with those items representing them as genuine. This has been noted in every comprehensive signature study I have read. I think that is what everyone here is referring to when they say she was caught selling forgeries. Is this not true?

How is this thread helping to improve the hobby? I joined this site to gain knowledge and be a part of something to improve collectors collecting experience. What I see more of is personal attacks and opinions of some people who seem quick to rip on someone without any skin in the game except their giant egos. This site should be more than enough to scare a new collector into collecting bottle caps in a hurry. We all want to be better informed but maybe a little discretion should be considered. 

The moral of the story is Ali, just like M.Jackson ,Mantle and other Stars are heavily forged so watch out!

Sorry You Feel tht way joe but if you look through the thread you'll see that there is some info in regards to Khalilah Ali and muhammad Ali's autograph that people weren't familiar with

Any info on the subject is good

I agree, there is some good information. I posted the first comment on this thread and noted it seemed odd an authenticator would need the services of the former Mrs. Ali. But it does inject some sour grapes as well. If we can't trust Mike Frost, PSA/DNA, JSA, R&R, then who do we thrust? Authenticating is a tough business and no matter how much I knew about a particular autograph I would never render an opinion for a fee. Used to be collectors could go to their most reliable source and get a quick and usually on target opinion. I truly think until authenticators become liable for their errors then this problem will grow and grow. It's human nature to be tempted to side with the the one's who butters your bread the most. Authenticators must be willing to lose a big client when it's called for. This pre-certified marketing angle should be eliminated. Too often it's the little guy who gets hammered. All in the name of cash.

Very good points. I don't make my decision that something is authentic by the COA at all. More than likely depending who issued the COA if I was stuck othe fence the COA would lead me to the forgery side.

What people need to realise about Ali is that the reason the Olson/operation bullpen autos were considered aighed is because they came from a heavyweight boxer he fought named chuck wepner. That's why it's important to know if something similar has happened with regards to Khalilah Ali, which has allegedly happens as others have pointed out.

I personally would like to know why she didn't come clean about the fight trunks autograph.

Joe, what is pre certified marketing angle, sorry im not really up to speed with it. if you could explain it. Thanks

Pre-certified are what the big auction houses use as a marketing tool in which the buyer is supposedly guaranteed the item can receive a full LOA if they decide to submit the item after the purchase and receive the item. I suppose that means they had someone do a quick opinion on the item. I just don't like the practice and I think it's just another escape route in case of a future problem. Personally, I have never used an TPA service although I have purchased some already authenticated. I never paid a dime more because of the additional COA than I would have for the same autograph without it. There seems to be an increasing pressure by the public for these COAs and I also fear some good authentic signatures are being rendered bad via "quick opinions" because the person selling the autograph isn't using their service. Too much power in the hands of a few is not good.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service