We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Just wondering if anyone has checked out the revamped (as of today) rrauction.com site. It appears that you are no longer able to view past auctions? Entering a name into the search only seems to bring up any present auctions. Am I missing something here? Thanks!

Views: 1209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It looks like they have improved the past auctions search. The "exclude past auctions" checkbox is gone and the search results are more relevant. It's getting better.

Still not working on iPhone unfortunately... for example, after typing in a name to search I will get no hits, and I then hit the "Filter Auction +" button, and this is the screen that I get....
Attachments: No photo uploads here

I'm using a desktop. So that must be the difference.

I prefer the old site as I found it easier to navigate and more responsive. I also found it easy to use on any of my mobile devices such as ipad, android phone, iphone. But maybe there is some new enhancements that I may not be aware. 

With technology rapidly changing the scripting required for active content. Webmasters are having to update sites or be left behind. I do know the last web site I worked on that two scripts were required; one for desktops, etc and another for mobile access to be viewed properly. The main script would recognize what type of device is viewing the site and then run the correct script for the best viewing. It takes a lot of tweaking initially. 

That is something I didn't realize. I guess we also all have to remember that the new site is just starting. Not opposed to it but it human nature to like what we are use to using. 

Right. And bear in mind, if a site is not truly mobile responsive, the most recent Google search algorithm will knock it down in the results. To be competitive these days, it's no longer a choice to have a mobile responsive site.

What iPhone, Greg? That will tell them the screen resolution. It looks like they're checking feedback here.

The iPhone 6s Plus. As you can see from the screen grab I posted it's missing bits here and there!

You're correct, they have done away with past auction searches. I think that is a mistake on their part.

Past Auction search is not yet live, but it is coming back.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service