We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let's reserve this thread for any non-musician signed books and other items, at least until a dedicated forum exits for those posts.

Views: 454293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just came across this thread which tried to do the same thing but seemed to fizzle out...  

https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/celebrities-other-s...

I posted to revive the thread.. this is my post. (Posting it here to be seen by more people)

"Reviving an old thread to hopefully get some attention to this issue. Is it possible to have a thread pinned like the music for sale direct catagory, where every celebrity would have their own thread within this catagory. Something that each name can be updated within its own thread if there's a price change or no longer selling autographs.  It would be such an awesome addition to this forum!"

Trying my best to get more attention on this to have something set long term. I would be a huge contributor if it happens. Its rare I come across a new music autograph that hasn't already been posted. This is such a great forum for music finds. Can it become the same for celebrities as well?

I prefer a single topic too above one thread for all links. When something updates it gets too confusing. I'd love to contribute with direct links to artists websites and signed books.

Does anyone else feel like this forum (Musician-Direct Autograph Sales) has grown as a community a lot this year, and generally speaking, people know to post good stuff in this forum, regardless of musician or not? I don't think it would benefit the community to grow into a second forum, and as long as what's being posted is good, it should just be posted as a new discussion in this forum?

Personally it feels like the natural ebbs and flows of the forum are a good thing, and discussions that are irrelevant fall off with no comments.

I don't mind the non-musician related stuff as long as its good (generally speaking most of the stuff posted here I'd consider good.)

I wouldn't mind but its already been made clear that others do mind. If a celebrity is posted on here that has nothing to do with music, it will get the "does this belong here?" Comments from others.. if we keep them bound to this thread, the names are not easily searchable but more importantly, info can't be updated. It would be a mess.. I still think a separate pinned  discussion in the "Hollywood" catagory would be best going forward.. this thread will eventually fizzle out like the other one I posted

Yeah one discussion isn't a great solution.

> "I wouldn't mind but its already been made clear that others do mind. If a celebrity is posted on here that has nothing to do with music, it will get the "does this belong here?""

Yeah, well, I also mind people trying to gatekeep discussions by telling everyone to post in a catch-all thread -- one that still isn't as maintained as one from a certain like-minded collecting forum. If you're going to ask members to post in a centralized discussion, perhaps you should ensure that you're not getting beat to the punch by a topic that has a much larger pool of members.

That Conan O'Brien poster was sold out in seven minutes -- it was cross-posted to that forum as well.

The bigger problem is not whether we have a dedicated discussion (or a sub-forum) for non-musician topics, but the expansion of the auto community over the past few years. Far as I can tell, there's nothing in the guidelines of this website that indicates you should only be posting musician-related autos, and the thread-whining that goes on from a handful of people when such material does get posted is just as counter-productive.

It sounds more like the framework for what category a topic is posted in on the formatting screen needs to be amended in some way -- I posted a discussion about an LE signed book (The Art of Dune 2021, which was signed by the director and cast) here a few weeks back, and was confused by the subforum options not clearly conveying what it was being posted under.

My Unapologetic Diaries by Joan Collins - Signed Edition

https://coles-books.co.uk/my-unapologetic-diaries-by-joan-collins-s...

Not sure if it was at the time you posted this because it was 4 minutes ago but this is sold out. Maybe you got the last one if you ordered it.

I actually think I completely missed that it sold out :\

Oh well, stuff happens. Thanks for posting. Was on the fence because of the price anyways so it made my decision pretty easy.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service