We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Notorious eBay Seller Of Fakes Now Has Psa/Dna Stickers On Everything... What Gives?

Hi Everyone-

After ("allegedly") being burned by eBay Seller sportsnmore9999 on more than one occasion, I learned through this forum: (https://live.autographmagazine.com/main/search/search?q=sportsnmore...) that many had the same experience and that, rather than offering a misguided mix of genuine and counterfeit signed items, it appeared that this was ("allegedly") more like a straight-up factory of fakes, most being "certified" with a TD (Team Derek) hologram sticker, which this Forum has also deemed problematic:(https://live.autographmagazine.com/main/search/search?q=TD+hologram).

Now I find that their inventory has been streamlined (specifically signed rock/pop lp listings) and ALL are now ("allegedly") certified by PSA/DNA. The question here is, are we seeing an ("alleged") onslaught of counterfeit PSA/DNA stickers and certificates, or is someone at PSA/DNA ("allegedly") "on the take" here? Can a leopard really change it's spots?

Unfortunately, I could not verify any of these items through the PSA/DNA database, as none of the images posted are set so you can magnify the image enough to read the sticker numbers. Additionally, pics of the certification cards are labelled "Sample Only", deeming both the stickers and certificates useless in verifying the authenticity of the corresponding signed pieces.

For the record, I only buy signed lps, mainly because I find it harder to be tricked, unlike lp "flats" and photographs, which can easily be duplicated from genuinely signed originals. Some examples of current listings by this Seller can be seen below. Please see the following link to this Seller's listings page for this Seller's full inventory and share your thoughts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Entertainment-Memorabilia/45100/m.html?_ss...

Tags: eBay, fakes

Views: 10792

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this the way stickers on signed balls are supposed to be? See-through and not on securely? That said, this one is clear and matches the psa dna registry (unless he’s recreating items on the registry). 

I also found one of the cert #s in the PSA/DNA database, and the name also matches. Also, while there are no images, it’s among an eclectic assortment of names that are grouped together and that correspond to items the seller has offered with PSA/DNA stickers. 

Very often, there is no matching picture. Just the info signed album etc.

Give me a year researching on eBay, and I would have a enormous database with PSA/DNA numbers matching the artist I would like to fake. 

Buy some stickers online, and suddenly I could have quit my regular job......

You assuming the PSA stickers are fake? No doubt they intentionally authenticated these items just like they do with all their high volume dealers. They don’t want to lose them to Beckett and Steve Grad who will do the same thing. These authenticators  do it far more often then folks want to admit. EBAY riddled with forgeries these experts should have known better then to authenticate.

Those stickers were so blurry I couldn't read them. And even tho I'm an old guy I have good eyes.

Can anyone read the numbers on any of the albums in the OP?

I have a hard time believing that PSA or any of the big 3 certed these, and I'm not a fan of JSA's modern authentication. 

Last Monday I emailed someone at PSA in sales and marketing about them. They sent it to whoever handles things like this there. I didn't ask to hear back and don't expect to.

They can VeRO these and eBay will take them down in less than a week, but they probably have to ask an authenticator to look at them first, since photos are reserved for LOAs unless you pay extra.

If they're not gone in a couple of weeks that would lead me to believe that they authenticated them.

Steve, like I posted earlier. PSA has a younger authenticator who was out here about a year ago authenticating autographs in a hotel room. One of the guys I know from spring trainings friends with him somehow. He offered me $10 bucks each to have everything I have authenticated. I declined but went with him. This guy authenticated over 300 autographs in about 2 hours. Saw it with my own eyes.

Tony Varvel also told me the same thing and sent me pictures of stuff Beckett authenticated the same way while he was working for them. This was even after he told them they were bad. A bunch of them from this time were Roger Waters and Michael Jackson signatures. I’ll dig out some of his texts and post them. I saved pictures of them somewhere. He said he signed a non-disclosure so I kept that to myself. Here is a copy of him talking about it. Left him alone as a new employee to just sticker stuff. 

Here are a couple more texts showing how good Steve Grad really is. The supposed worlds best authenticator in the world sending picture to other people and stickering things based on other people’s opinions. Can’t even authenticate Mike Trout. Are you kidding me? Can’t authenticate the #1 guy in baseball? I have hundreds and hundreds of these snapshots. I’ll dig them out and show you how ridiculously bad they really are. Their own authenticator was sending me these after they authenticated things they knew were bad. Most for Press Pass and a couple othe large volume sellers.

If PSA didn’t cert them, I believe it would mean that the seller found a diverse grouping of names in the PSA/DNA database, had forgeries produced that correspond with those names, and then had fake stickers and COAs produced with the associated cert #s?

We know they certed them. Some folks are just in denial. This is the new age of TPA’s. This isn’t the same PSA from 15-20 years ago.

Advanced collectors still give these places the benefit of the doubt yet the TPAs are giving the benefit of the doubt to the high volume dealers who are out there ripping collectors off. They are just as bad. Steve Grad, Brian Sobrero, James Spence,..et al are padding their pockets and assisting these dealers to drain yours. 

Yeah, yeah sometimes authentic autographs get authenticated. They don’t discriminate.

Wake up people!! Stop giving these clowns a free pass. 

Rick, what got me on these is that they look like The Autograph Store inventory.

So many of these big EBAY dealers like this all their stuff is starting to look the same. Now with stickers he will move even more inventory.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service