We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Per Steve, we may be opening up trading for preorders on this forum or a separate group. This is a bit complex in itself though, as the variables with these preorders make an even swap somewhat difficult. Authenticity aspects aside, some points of contention are: time the item will actually come in, quality/condition of said product, governing transactions, etc. Also, where trades would be (i.e. a new forum?) is also a significant question, as I don't think people want threads swamped with those posts. 

Straight sales are probably probably something we want to avoid for now, as facilitating these seems to open a pandora's box of issues, even if they are technically easier than online trades.

Any thoughts are welcome, as this is just a brainstorming session for now.

Views: 886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the best thing to go at this is if we have a place where we can ask to trade (not sell) stuff after we have it in hand. By the time it's in hand you have averted a lot of the possible issues like authenticity, quality of the item, delivery time. Create a thread where you let members make a post like "I have an Elton John [preferably add picture], looking for Coldplay" and leave the rest to PMs.

I wouldn't recommend actively providing a platform for taking pre-orders for money, even at cost. I've seen many similar (non-autograph) communities where fans stepped up, turned into some kind of personal shopper for a lot of members, then life happens to them and a lot of members are left without their orders and/or money.

Any "pre-order" you are buying is a risk of your money, even when you're the direct buyer, and as a secondary buyer, your risks are even higher. it's money you're willing to lose, at least the item cost plus paypal commision.
IMHO, the buyer need to pay when the seller gets charged, (Is amazon the only one that waits on payment?).

The main reason in this type of transaction is that you know it's authentic! Personally I don't trust ebay sellers that much.

I'm willing to pre-order extra, but only for real members, who are also willing to do that as well for others. but I don't want to be in the top of google search as we are already hot on "signed" google searches already, we're not ebay. and I don't want to attack the wrong members.

Could there be certain rules in place? Longtime member of the community? Link a Facebook account before a transaction? Make people feel comfortable with eachother and ultimately build friendships. Thats what a community should be.. but also, one screw up and you are banned for life along with an address associated with your account and Facebook account. Banning an email means nothing i like the idea of harsh discipline for the screw ups.  They will always keep trying to get back in and find any loophole possible

If these trades do on on then it should be on is the people who trade only trade items in hand for a start no pre orders etc 

and would be nice if there was a thread with members names and comment on that name if you have had a successful trade with them maybe or if your someone’s over the pond buddy 

me personally I’m up for trading but only and that’s only if the person is trust worthy as I understand it be on me so I wanna make sure this person is trustworthy I know I’m trustworthy but the person I’m potentially trading wouldn’t know that without some sort of thread post etc 

the trading idea is great but also bad and don’t want it to take the focus us away from what this thread is intended for I absolutely love the forum and don’t have an issue with any members here at all some moan Somme groan but who don’t sometimes as long as we all here realise we all here for the same thing and we all buddies 

peace 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service