We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Hey guys! I would probabaly like to buy myself for my birthday this Ray Charles autograph..is it genuine in your eyes?Cheers, Christian:)

Because Innuendo on this website said that his Freddie Mercury signature was fake...so I am curious..

Tags: Charles, Ray

Views: 12117

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why do you specifically consider these real?

Thank you Sir For this example! Looks really nice..i also jsut tried with my eyes closed to write his name down..and it was very similar like this one..charles the last few letters heading a bit down. Sir do you also have for comparasment  hand-guided signatures?Thanks again:)

PS. I do also have to admit that it is very easy to be faked..incredible..so the story who got it..is very important the credibility!!

Well in terms of mine its the context. I can't comment on the other similar autographs posted on this thread as its just an opinion but certainly the ones I've got its their context within a larger collection. Do some research and name me any artist who played in Birmingham UK between the end of 1962 and start of 1964 and the chances are I can show you an autograph. Don't just pick the stars pick someone 3rd or even 4th on the bill and I will probably have it. So the context of mine is in the wider collection that it comes from. We certainly wouldn't fake 1000+ autographs many from forgotten stars just to sell one fake from Ray Charles. What we've got is a unique historical snapshot of the live music scene in our city between those dates.  Certainly if i can give you any autograph from that year in this city then why would we fake one single Ray Charles autograph from his visit here? 

"Do some research and name me any artist who played in Birmingham UK between the end of 1962 and start of 1964 and the chances are I can show you an autograph..."

Doesn't make it genuine.

I think you understand the point I'm making. I'm demonstrating that he was at virtually every live performance in this city during those years and has autographs and other things like tickets etc to prove it. So it's placing him at the scene at that time. It would be odd in the extreme to have collected that many autographs from those venues and then when it comes to Ray Charles decide to fake one up or pass a stamp off as an autograph. Why would he bother? I release that you are either questioning either mine or Pauls integrity and honesty or memory and why not, you don't know either of us. I'm trying to fill in some of the back story and context 

No. I don't know you or Paul. So I make no comment there. I have not said Paul lied.

But why does it look like stamp????????????????????????

You've made numerous comments but I'll brush those off as you don't know us. I've got it in my hand now and it doesn't look like a stamp and as I keep repeating Ray signed 4 items that afternoon - of which I've got two - and they are both slightly different so it simply makes no sense that he would sign one with a pen and then stamp the other one. I will also repeat that Paul was no fool and only collected autographs face to face and not ones passed back stage. he can only recall that happening on one occasion and he dismissed what was handed back. Not at this venue but in others he would quite often get back stage, especially at the Town Hall and quite often did get autographs back stage but whilst in the actual dressing room himself. He sat with Lesley Gore in her dressing room and got autographs whilst at 17 she was on her first UK tour (after the release of "It's my Party") and did the same with other artists including the Beatles in November 1962. He knew where and when to see the performers so he was rarely in a mob of fans. Ray was the lucky one as usually he'd ask for far more autographs. There was one occasion back stage with Adam Faith where Paul and his friend got in excess of 20 autographs each. 

your logic is wrong-no one is saying 1000 others are fake or gotten just to cover a fake ray.

It is much more likely the 1000 real ones , innocently gotten, are now used to give authenticity to fakes to make $$$

Ok so its a fraud? To be honest I'm not surprised people face lawsuits off this forum. If the whole collection was to get sold (which it isn't going to be) then it would be worth in excess of $100,000. The Ray Charles autograph is neither hear or there and not by far the most expensive. We knew this one would be an issue but sold or not it doesn't matter. Don't like be called a faker which i guess is easy to do when you hide behind a name of sling! I publish my name in full and face so you can fully check me out. What an idiot!

I would ask Steve Cyrklin to look at any members who make pubic accusations of fraud on his forum especially when they hide behind pseudonyms whilst making false accusations that can potentially bring the forum into jeopardy. 

This is one of mine. I'm selling one of two I have in a personal collection of hand-written autographs collected face-to-face with stars between 1962 and 1964 by a friend of mine who was active collecting autographs from artists performing in Birmingham between those years. I appreciate your opinion but this was taken face to face with Ray in Birmingham UK in 1963 in a non-rushed environment and he wasn't guided in anyway. For some back drop to this I've got autographs from virtually every artist that performed in Birmingham between 1962-64. Many are long since forgotten artists but many not. So its not just this Ray autograph but autographs taken from virtually every performer coming to our city between those dates. It's a one-off collection. You can name any performer who visited Birmingham between those dates big or small, remembered or forgotten and I will probably have an autograph. My friend Paul met virtually every British and American star who performed here between 1962-1964. There is no way we would fake one single autograph amongst 1000+ autographs many of which are of stars than most members of this forum won't even have heard as many will be forgotten now. 

it doesnt matter every autograpgh has to stand on its on merrits.

i posted a while back a few multi signed programs.im sure everyone here scritinized  every autograph  that was signed and didnt take  it on face value if one is real there all real.

i funny storry. a store owner i know was selling a signed zep album all 4 .he was friends with alot of the musicians .j paul jones comes into his store and says all the autographs are real but mine and he said i dont know why anybody would want forge  mine.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service