We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Here's a signed poster that I'm sure most of you guys have already seen.It was sold on rr a while back and more recently on iconic.The first picture is of the piece in its original untouched condition.the second picture is of the same piece with major restoration work to it.The owner was asking me if I was Interested in buying it.With that kind of work done to a piece such as this,should I totally pass on it.How much can this effect the value?

Views: 4883

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw that thread too.sometimes we have to look more into a piece to get the answers and I think that beautiful 69 set and this poster have been solved.Eric was very valuable on the insite with the piece .thanks Steve ,thanks Karl for your in site also buddy.

Hi Paul, Steve

Thank you Paul. I was really just trying to help you and share some knowledge. I am so pleased you have this poster and you are happy with it :) Quite nice. The large scans were lovely.

Steve, thanks also. Yes, I was limited to what we had shown to us here. And you are right - a lesson is remains. Black lights are always good as well with vintage material and they are not costly.

Eric

I am very happy for you and very glad the "restoration" did not touch the signatures at all.  While to me I think it was worth a lot more in untouched condition it is a unique item, and I am sure you will enjoy it for many years to come.  

Thanks Scott.I will surely be framing this one.It will be on the Beatles wall for the next 20yrs.

Congrats paul! Your gonna have to open up a bar or restaurant to show off all of your treasures!

Definitly like a Hard rock kind of establishment.thanks Ian!!
Your seen my main room,I've run out of space.My basement is full to.Time to start the living room.

I think it's a striking item Paul and it isnpired an interesting thread. Do you think that restorer could 'lift' a couple of those Macca's and put them on two of my Beatle albums? (-:

Karl,I'll make sure I get in touch with him and make it.happen,how many would you want?As you can see,I have a plethora of them .I can surely spare a couple lol!!

The answer is probably yes, BTW. If the poster is on coated stock, and it likely is, I have heard that Jaime Mendez can lift the coating off with the autograph and place it on another piece. I have heard that Beatles albums have been built that way for years, and it can be very hard to tell.

That's so scary,these days you don't know what sig was originally on what item.

Back to the poster,Jason's best price was 5500 hundred pounds .I thought that equated to around 7000 us.I was wrong it equates to almost 7900 us.I still agreed.I still think it's a very good price for it.

get ready for the import/export taxes

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service