We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay terminated my auction, stating my COA wasn't an approved source!!!!

My Epperson COA item was removed twice in two days.  After calling twice the Ebay gentlemen told me that Epperson is not an approved Ebay authenticator and all items with his COA are in the process of being removed.  Say what?! Those are the only ones I buy these days.  Anybody know what's going on?

Views: 3306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John Willisms,

Since it says trademark violation, it could be what you listed and not Roger’s COA. You can’t always rely on with a customer support person at eBay tells you.

Post what you were trying to list.

I listed a bowie autograph with a pic and Epperson's cert.  No long winded speech about the item, just a simple description and the cold hard proof.  I agree, Trademark violation is misleading, but when I called....twice.....each time they said "wasn't an approved authenticator"....I assume the trademark violation is a generic heading for the message they sent.  Either way it's bogus and they got an ear full....X2

Attachments: No photo uploads here

That is a nice piece. I thought about buying it from Epperson myself previously. 

based on your story, I'd say something is lurking behind the scenes and I smell a rat (conspiracy).

Maybe they’re changing the rules and only allowing approved TPAs. 

very possible

it would be nice to hear an official explanation from ebay regarding all this

give me the questions and I would be happy to call again and report back....

First ask for a written explanation of their actions.

Then ask if Roger's COA had anything to do w/ it and are they changing their authentication policies?

You also may want to contact Roger first.

I still smell a rat in all this, but there are still 43 items listed on ebay with Epperson COA

You can also try reposting your item for sale on ebay without mentioning the COA and see what happens. Or just say COA included like all the other BS sellers

But I wouldn't let this slide by the wayside

can It have anything to do with the new California trade show law

I don’t think so, John. BTW, that law has been changed. I’ll talk about it when I have time. 

Depending on what the underlying cause is determined to be, perhaps a petition from collectors clearly explaining Roger's credentials and that his work is accepted by masses of legitimate collectors and some big time auction houses as well.  I'd sign such a petition immediately.

His title did not seem problematic?

"David Bowie Signed Suffragette City - 1979 - Roger Epperson COA, framed and mated"

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service