We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Not sure why a 007 group wasn't created before, but I'm glad it's finally here! Why not get the ball rolling with the greatest Bond of all, Sean Connery...just wondering if this might be an actual one of his? Thanks!

Tags: Connery, Sean

Views: 6042

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Replies to This Discussion

I would agree w/ Joe

Thanks. Do you guys know if 2 different versions or dustcovers on these books both contained the signed book plates? Do u know which was the first and the more common one? This is the cover on this one. 

I've seen both covers and do not have an answer for you. Although, I would think, knowing the edition could help. Is the one you are looking at a first edition, first printing?

Yes Joe - its a 1st edition.  Thanks to all for your help.

Steve, I’ve seen copies with both covers signed on authentic bookplates. I think Coles (see other linked bookplate discussion) used to sell predominately the other cover signed.

Looks like a typical bookplate signature- all good I think.

just For comparison- at the bottom of sir Sean’s intro to the book there appears this printed signature which is obviously authentic and gives us a good idea of what his signature looks like when seated in 2008. Certainly all the bookplates seem to have the right characteristics and the charity signed ones look god too- id just love to know more about the Occassion!

I have found 2 other bookplates at a much cheaper price and would like opinions on these also.  Does anyone know if there were 2 different types of bookplates?  The first one appears to be the same as the one I previously posted (red borders), but the second one appears different.  Very confusing.

Both these bookplates are genuine. I really have not seen any bookplates that were fakes. Although, I have seen some signed title pages which one would need to be evaluated more carefully.

what’s your thoughts on this signed plate

Attachments: No photo uploads here

If you don't purchase both of these let me know via pm. I may be interested myself.

Ok I will let you know if I do.  Both sellers are in the UK.  Any thoughts on why 2 different styled bookplates were used?  Both sellers claim they are on 1st editions.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service